Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Any Advice in Going from Mid 140s to high 150s? - 7Sage Forum

Any Advice in Going from Mid 140s to high 150s?

taylorgarman01taylorgarman01 Core Member

Don't need an incredible score, just need a solid base in October in the high 150s. Any advice is helpful. I'm just struggling for the last few months in a study rut.

Comments

• Aiseata.sanfoAiseata.sanfo Live Member
    9 karma

Commenting to see tips from anyone. I am also having the same problem as well.

• naimamohameddnaimamohamedd Live Member
    9 karma

Same! I have been studying on and off for months but consistently for the last couple of months, and my score has not improved. The highest I've ever gotten on a practice test is a 149.

• nathanbianchinathanbianchi Core Member
    edited September 2 4 karma

Do you find that you're running out of time at the end of each section? Do you struggle more with LR or RC? I find that drilling really helps!

I usually drill 10 LR questions until I'm consistently getting -2 to 0 on drills. Using analytics can help pinpoint what kinds of questions you're struggling with, and you can go back to the curriculum to improve on those specific question types. I also found that branching out on the internet for explanations that I felt weren't being adequately explained through 7Sage helped.

For RC, my best score is a -1 (which might've been a fluke, but we'll see), you just have to keep reading and reading and reading. Passages are hard, understanding what you're reading is even harder. Everyone has their own tips and tricks, you have to find what works for you. Pay attention to key words that signal what the author feels about the passage, and drill, drill, drill!!!

Hope this helps! I'm sort of in the same boat, high 150s and I've cracked 160s but still trying to stay there. Good luck!! Feel free to reach out :)

Edit: BLIND REVIEW BLIND REVIEW BLIND REVIEW!!!!!!!!!!! Look at explanations for questions that you got wrong and understand why you got them wrong. LSAT logic is sometimes inconsistent but you can find patterns that help keep it more consistent than not. All about training your brain!

• JS199999JS199999 Live Member
    21 karma

please yall do not think of going to the actual test without consistently getting above what you need. DO NOGT do a mistake I regret deeply! I took the test 3 damn times just to because I register and now I only have two attempts. I registered for Sep but I have canceled today an deregistered for Nov. I went from 143 to 151 in 20 days with 7sage and with extra 2 months of study I am hoping to at least get mid 160s. Nothing is impossible, I highly recommend targeting your weaknesses. After taking a test see what you got wrong and drill, see what is exactly you are having a problem with. Make sure you 100% understand the core curriculum including the grammar. The old me" OHH I AM NOT GOONA STUDY GRAMMER WHAT AM I GRADE 1" me today ' bitch this is LSAT" lol. Good luck to yall and we all got this!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• jamesmrlarleyjamesmrlarley Free Trial Member
    1 karma

Thank you so much for the information.

• tjh361tjh361 Core Member
    3 karma

I am in the same boat. First PT was I think 145, then 148, then 149, then a dip of 143 which made me angry and then I bounced back and got 159. My LSAT is scheduled for October and I am just hoping for 150. I am a bit older and do not care to go to an elite school.

I focus primarily on LR. Especially questions I am weak on. For RC the times I have taken it serious in PT I get -8 or so. I can live with that. With RC it really comes down to how much does the passage interest me. If not at all, I cannot force myself to focus.. I have tried and I just cant. So fingers crossed only a few of the stories on test day are boring.

I have been studying for 2 months. Taken 6 PT and roughly 300 drilling questions (excluding PT questions). I also have used The LSAT Trainer by Mike Kim. This book helped me strip away a lot of the BS of the test. It helped me look at the questions and question types differently. Good luck to all.

• kgarciarojaskgarciarojas Live Member
    edited September 13 47 karma

I would say make sure to have mastered core curriculum, and then to practice your accuracy on sections. If you only want to get into high 150s you should be striving to get at least 75% of all questions in a section. You should focus on getting all main conclusion, MBT, MSS, Argument part, SA, and most strengthening/weakening right. Don’t worry about timing but more so about getting those you know you can get right. Work on identifying when to skip a question and when not to.

Generally the first 10 of an LR are easier than the last few. So work on getting those right for sure. Note I said, “generally”, it won’t always be like this. sometimes they throw hard ones in the beginning too.

Main point is focus on accuracy and getting questions right without time constraints, then work on speeding up once you have clearly mastered that and work towards getting as many as you can right without completely guessing. That should get you around the score you want.

• kgarciarojaskgarciarojas Live Member
    47 karma

I would say make sure to have mastered core curriculum, and then to practice your accuracy on sections. If you only want to get into high 150s you should be striving to get at least 75% of all questions in a section. You should focus on getting all main conclusion, MBT, MSS, Argument part, SA, and most strengthening/weakening right. Don’t worry about timing but more so about getting those you know you can get right. Work on identifying when to skip a question and when not to.

Generally the first 10 of an LR are easier than the last few. So work on getting those right for sure. Note generally it won’t always be like this sometimes they throw hard ones in the beginning too.

Main point is focus on accuracy and getting questions right without time constraints, then work on speeding up once you have clearly mastered that and work towards getting as many as you can right without completely guessing. That should get you around the score you want