Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Doing drills without cutting into PTs - 7Sage Forum

Doing drills without cutting into PTs

austingoss398austingoss398 Live Member
in General 6 karma

Hello,

I am studying for the November LSAT, and am wanting to get some feedback.

Currently, I am working my way through Logical Reasoning, and as such am doing roughly 5-10 questions or prep per day. I have taken one diagnostic test (basically completely cold to start) and have not done any since.

My question is: is there a way to use certain questions for drills, without seeing them again when you do practice tests? Is this a concern that anyone else has worked through, or just me? I don't mind a little cross over, but I just don't want a ton as I feel like that would give me an inaccurate picture of what my scores are on PTs when I get to that point.

Thank you for your consideration and time!

Comments

• manae21manae21 Live Member
    28 karma

The default setting for drills is that it pools from older PTs (I think PT 101-130 or something like that) only. When you do PT just do the more recent ones they'll be more indicative of current LSAT trends anyways and they'll be brand new questions.

• theshaikhutheshaikhu Core Member
    edited September 3 7 karma

I'm also displeased with this. I'm not doing any drills other than the ones integrated into the lesson plan, and after just finishing the MSS module, I checked the available practice tests and see that in the new format there are a few tests for which I've already seen 5 questions before.

Obviously, that's not a huge number, but it is not insignificant either in a test like this. Since the change to the new format, we have a reduced number of practice tests. It would've been more beneficial if all sample questions in the lesson curriculum itself were taken from the obsolete practice tests, rather than thinning out the already finite number of practice tests available.