Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Letters Of rec - 7Sage Forum

Letters Of rec

amenkhan1amenkhan1 Core Member

Hey guys, so I graduated undergrad about 2 years ago, and a majority of my classes ended up being online at the time due to Covid, although I have already emailed a few Professors I had in person asking if they would be willing to write me one, I have gotten denied. At this point I feel really stuck and Im not sure what to do. I could ask an old boss but I have only worked retail jobs during my gap year or didnt work at all. Any advice? Is it possible to apply without any letters? I know its a stretch but im freaking out.

Comments

• nicksmolichhnicksmolichh Live Member
    7 karma

Hey, I'm applying again this cycle due to some complications and I had a similar issue like this. If you can find one professor who you had any engagement with, even if it wasn't school related, I'd reach out to them since they would likely be willing to put the most effort in for you. I would also suggest getting a letter from someone who can judge your professional experiences, showing the admissions teams how you act in a professional setting.

• tlipkin9tlipkin9 Core Member
    edited September 9 4 karma

How many profs have you reached out to? I'm in a similar boat, but I cast a very wide net and was able to get 2 profs to write me recs. When emailing, I would make sure you include something specific about their course that stuck with you, even if it's a tiny anecdote.

• riri0016riri0016 Live Member
    4 karma

Do any kind of employment boss that is important to you and one professor.

• samlandau160samlandau160 Live Member
    11 karma

I don't think it can hurt to ask your old boss, especially if you were on good terms with them and are willing to do write you one.
    As far as applying without, most schools require at least one...some even two minimum. Try reaching out to some other professors if you can! I too had my college experience relegated to online and so I wasn't able to build a good rapport with many of my professors.
    Best of luck!