Test in 2 weeks - LOW pt scores Should i change my date

emwiki1602emwiki1602 Core Member
edited September 18 in October 2024 LSAT 34 karma

I have been studying since June full time and have been doing pretty well. My highest PT which was only about 3 weeks ago was a 160 which is what I am aiming to get for the real thing. However I am now seeing a huge decline in my scores and I am getting -8 and -11 on sections that I typically get -5. I am getting really stressed and discouraged considering the October test is in 2 weeks. I am also registered for November so i just don't know what I'm doing wrong and what to do about it now. Also , is it bad that I am going to take october and november back to back? Should i change my october test date to november and then take november and january instead? im getting overwhelmed.

Comments

• skhan206skhan206 Core Member
    4 karma

hi! I don't have any particular advice as I'm in a similar boat but I just wanted to say good luck!

• ke02kierke02kier Live Member
    13 karma

You may be overstudying! My test prep prof at school said at a certain point you have to stop studying. Once you have reached a certain threshold you are ready and won't benefit from any more studying.

• emwiki1602emwiki1602 Core Member
    edited September 18 34 karma

Thank you @ke02kier that makes me feel better.

• kgarciarojaskgarciarojas Live Member
    49 karma

Probably stop studying, I was testing around 160s and a little higher and on test day got a 161. Let your brain rest, if anything just make sure you got a plan for test day, eat the right things get good sleep. But probably stop cramming in more drills and tests. It won’t be so helpful at this point. After your test you can reassess your study plan if you want to score higher based on your results. You got this let the work you’ve don’t go into effect.

• emwiki1602emwiki1602 Core Member
    34 karma

@kgarciarojas said:
    Probably stop studying, I was testing around 160s and a little higher and on test day got a 161. Let your brain rest, if anything just make sure you got a plan for test day, eat the right things get good sleep. But probably stop cramming in more drills and tests. It won’t be so helpful at this point. After your test you can reassess your study plan if you want to score higher based on your results. You got this let the work you’ve don’t go into effect.

Thank you I will just take it slow until my test day