Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Not Enough Time for Practice Tests

paigemcowanpaigemcowan Live Member
in General 9 karma

Hi everyone!

I am taking the November LSAT & want to improve my score, but I am struggling between classes, work, and my internship this semester to find time to take multiple full-length practice tests per week. What do y'all recommend I should do instead? Drills? Videos? I'm open to all advice!!! Thank you!

Comments

• raiyan.rmn.13raiyan.rmn.13 Live Member
    3 karma

Hi there!

I completely understand the challenge of juggling everything while trying to prep for the LSAT. While full-length practice tests are important, there are other strategies you can use to improve without dedicating hours at a time. Here are a few suggestions:

1.  Targeted Drills: Focus on specific question types or sections you’re struggling with. This will help you improve in those areas without the time commitment of a full test.
    2.  Timed Sections: Instead of taking full-length tests, try doing individual timed sections. This keeps you in practice with timing while also fitting more easily into a busy schedule.
    3.  LSAT Videos/Explanations: If you’re commuting or have downtime, LSAT explanation videos can be a great way to passively learn and reinforce strategies.
    4.  Daily Practice: Even setting aside 30-60 minutes daily for practice or review can go a long way in building up your skills over time.
    5.  Review & Analyze: Spend time reviewing the questions you got wrong in past practice tests. Understanding why you made certain mistakes is often more valuable than doing more tests.

Good luck with your prep—you’ve got this!

• tjh361tjh361 Core Member
    18 karma

I am also limited on time. I squeeze in drilling 5 problems when I can for LR and 1 RC passage. On average it ends up being about 30 problems and 1-4 passages a day.

I do recommend doing the PT even one section at a time. The analytics are really worth it.