Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advice! Deadlines!

harrismeganharrismegan Member
edited September 2015 in General 2074 karma
7Sage!
I have a question regarding registration/LSAC business.

I wanted to write the October exam, but I’m not feeling confident as of late. I was scoring in the 165 ish range, which was fantastic, but I’ve since seen a drastic drop in score. I think this is due to anxiety and a combination of burnout. I want to keep going as if I am writing the October exam and see how I PT in the coming weeks. I don’t think that I’ll have a good picture of my ability before September 9th. With that said, am I right in assuming I can withdraw from the October exam up until the test day, I can cancel my score on the test day with no penalty, and I can re-register for the December exam by October 30th?

I guess I’m just wondering if it’s okay for me to keep myself registered for October, see how I PT and see how my confidence is leading up to the October exam, maybe even possibly write it? And if I’m not confident/my PTs aren’t within a good range, or I want to re-register for December, I can do so, as long as I pay the extra fees?

I want to leave as many options open and available to myself so I don’t feel constricted by one particular deadline.

Comments

• PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    @harrismegan said:
    I can cancel my score on the test day with no penalty
    The only penalty is the money you lost. If you're teetering on the edge of where you need to be and you don't mind paying the money then I don't see any reason not to sit for the exam in October and see how it goes. If you were way off from where you needed to be or had never been there then my advice would be different, but you've put in a decent amount of work to this point so I would say go for it.

My advice to you is if you took 67 then get on the BR call tomorrow, then take off until at least next Monday. Then do a passage/game/~5-10 LR questions to get back in the swing of things and then get back to PTs next week.
  • notwilliamwallacenotwilliamwallace Alum Member
    edited September 2015 1049 karma
    @harrismegan said:
    With that said, am I right in assuming I can withdraw from the October exam up until the test day, I can cancel my score on the test day with no penalty, and I can re-register for the December exam by October 30th?
    That's right. According to LSAC's website, you can de-register till midnight of the day before your exam in Oct and it won't count towards your 3 tries. You can register for the December test by Oct 31.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @Pacifico said:
    If you're teetering on the edge of where you need to be and you don't mind paying the money then I don't see any reason not to sit for the exam in October and see how it goes.
    Yes

@Pacifico said:
    My advice to you is if you took 67 then get on the BR call tomorrow, then take off until at least next Monday.
    YES :D And we've got a Labor Day break scheduled in so you won't even miss and BR groups by doing that :)
    7965 karma
    @notwilliamwallace said:
    till midnight of the day before your exam in Oct
    Keep in mind—that's by midnight EASTERN time. Not your local time.
  • notwilliamwallacenotwilliamwallace Alum Member
    1049 karma
    @nicole.hopkins said:
    Keep in mind—that's by midnight EASTERN time. Not your local time.
    Mmm hmm. Good catch!
    7965 karma
    @notwilliamwallace said:
    Mmm hmm. Good catch!
    This pro-tip brought to you courtesy of @amanda_kw
  • c.janson35c.janson35 Free Trial Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2398 karma
    Also, if you do not withdraw before the refund request date, then you don't get your money back. If you do so before the refund date, you only receive $50 of your $175. And if you want to postpone the test to a later date, it's another $90 fee on top of the initial registration you previously made.