Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just Started 7Sage

matripsamatripsa Core Member
in General 6 karma

Hello everyone! I've recently started using 7sage to prepare for the February LSAT, and I think it’s an excellent program—I'm really enjoying the Foundations videos. However, I’m a bit unsure about a few things. Should I be practicing problems independently while I watch the videos? Also, what do you all do while watching? I’ve just been taking notes, but I’m not sure if that’s sufficient. Some friends using other programs have already started practicing problems right away, and I’m wondering if I should take that initiative too or wait until they come up in my syllabus. Any answers/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• lillypage22lillypage22 Member
    11 karma

Hi! I just started too, so we are in the same boat! I usually wait to practice all of the problems until they come up. And for watching the videos, I am a visual learner, so I will just watch and take it in, and then read the description below to make sure I didnt miss anything. I always write down the "lets review" part in a notebook, because for me, writing something down helps me to remember it better. Sometimes my head will automatically go to solve the problems, which I think is a great way to know if you are on track, such as looking at a sentence and already knowing the sufficient/necessary conditions. Hope this helps!

• RealGeekerRealGeeker Core Member
    21 karma

Hello! I would recommend just watching and taking notes through the foundations, go at your own pace to make sure you're really absorbing the information. As you get into specific problem types and question type units, there will be a blend of "you try" questions, where you are prompted to try the question first and then it will be discussed in a video after, or just example questions dissected by the instructor.
    On all questions in videos, there is a "quick view" button (its a bit small and easy to miss), I would recommend clicking it and trying the questions before the video, untimed, in most cases, while the "you try" drills are timed. This way, you're staying interactive and you can compare your approach to the approaches detailed in the video.

Practicing problems "right away", as your friends are FOMOing you with, is useless if you are not able to learn from the approach as well as the result. You will have PLENTY of time to do as many practice questions as your little heart desires if you are taking the test in Feb. Establishing fundamental understanding and absorbing information at your own pace is more important than mindlessly drilling for the sake of it.

• matripsamatripsa Core Member
    6 karma

Thanks you both so much for taking the time out of your day to respond! I feel a lot better and will definitely focus my time and energy on really understanding the Fundamentals before worrying about practice problems lol. I wish you both the best of luck on your LSAT journey and beyond :)

• Harrison SugarmanHarrison Sugarman Core Member
    4 karma

7sage is a great service, but is a supplement. It pairs great with the Loophole by Ellen Cassidy. People have other books they swear by, but that's my go to. The point is, one of these books will give you the skills necessary to attack LR generally, and then 7sage can help clean up misunderstandings. This advice would have saved me hundreds of dollars and nine months of no progress, so please heed it.