Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Assessing my weaknesses via 7sage's "LSAT Analytics"

KevinSageKevinSage Alum Member
in General 260 karma
I know it's only a *very* small sample size of 2 PTs, but how do I go about assessing my weaknesses?
My stats: -2 Avg. for LG... -11 Avg. for LR... -13 Avg. for RC

For LR do I go drill the question types that have a "higher priority"? Or is there another characterization that I should be looking at?
For RC I'm just going to keep doing passage after passage after passage to practice.
(Also, I'm thinking about just focusing on completing/devoting almost all of the allotted time to 3 passages while I'm PT'ing instead of all 4, would you advise against this?)

Comments

• Matt1234567Matt1234567 Inactive ⭐
    1294 karma
    Hi Kevin, yeah, I would recommend drilling on questions with high priority. Try to see why you're having a tough time with these questions and what's making you consistently miss them.

For RC, it depends, is time an issue? Are you getting most questions right on three passages and having to see yourself rush to try and complete the 4th passage? I've heard of some students who focus on three passages or the passages with most amounts of questions as a strategy to achieve scoring in their desired range.
  • KevinSageKevinSage Alum Member
    260 karma
    thanks for the input, Matt.
    Yes timing is an issue. I may employ that strategy to increase my score.
  • harrismeganharrismegan Member
    2074 karma
    @Matt1234567 said:
    I've heard of some students who focus on three passages or the passages with most amounts of questions as a strategy to achieve scoring in their desired range.

Hmmmmm. I've never considered this...... I consistently get anywhere from 8-10 wrong. I have seen it go as low as -4.... but If I concentrate on 3 solid ones, ensure they're all 100% correct (within my best ability....) and just pick all As Bs Cs Ds or Es for the remaining passage...... then that at least ensures 1 is right for that one.

HMM....