Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

For the Night Owls

profile427profile427 Alum Member
edited September 2015 in General 213 karma
While struggling to study during the morning hours this week (for Oct 3rd), I had to wonder if anyone has taken LSAC to task for always offering the LSAT in the morning. I'm a night owl who usually doesn't conk out until the 11p-12a mark. This is my nature, even as a wee one. My "power hours" are most often in the afternoon.

That being said, for the other night owls out there, how are you preparing for test day? Are you going all in and temporarily resetting your circadian rhythm? Testing out various caffeinated concoctions in the morning (quite a balance between a quick boost and jittery-anxiety)? Surrendering to the wind?

Comments

• nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    Caffeine won't do it. Caffeine is an unreliable and insufficient crutch. You need to get your adrenals in better alignment!

The trick to changing your sleep schedule is to get up at the same time. Every single day. No sleeping in ever. Period. Just because you have been a night person thus far does not mean you cannot change that now. And you can go back to being a night owl when the test is over :)

Take courage and experiment :) if you wake up a good 3 hours before the test (which never starts until like 9.30 anyway) your cortisol levels should be in a good place.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    June is in the afternoon. I take PTs at almost all hours of the day. My highest score was on one I started at 1am. With my last few weeks I'm going to start all my tests between 8 and 10 am to get my brain in that mode. I'm usually working out during that time after I drop my son off at daycare so I don't think it should be too much of a switch to make since he wakes me up by 6 or so every morning anyways.

I highly recommend Califia Farms Cold Brew Coffee with Almond Milk if you need a pick me up.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    That crack