Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

180 Watch Customer Service

pattyesqpattyesq Free Trial Member
in General 28 karma
Has anyone received communication from "180 Watch" in the past two weeks?

I ordered a watch in May to take the June 2015 test, and as luck would have it, I'm taking the October 2015 test :)

Despite taking extra care of it (I kept it in the bubble wrap inside the package it came in at all times except when I took a PT), it malfunctioned in July. After contacting Matthew Thomas, I sent it back to him, and he said he would send the replacement quickly. He received it on August 24th at the latest. It is now September 15th, almost a month later. I've tried contacting him in the past few days, but have not received a response. I don't know if they are ignoring me because they ran out of watches (since the test is coming up soon). Either way, it is not okay. At least send me my malfunctioned watch back so I can get it fixed elsewhere!

Is anyone experiencing the same? Also, does anyone have a number for them?

I'd implore you guys to be extra careful with your 180 watches (although I can't imagine being more careful than I was). If it breaks, you're probably out of luck!!

Comments

• JayP0352JayP0352 Alum Member
    edited September 2015 99 karma
    check your cc and see what return protection they have.
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    Yikes. Could be he has to go through weekend emails, but you can never be sure. What email are you trying to contact them through? orders@180watch.com ?
  • pattyesqpattyesq Free Trial Member
    28 karma
    Unfortunately, I bought it with my debit card, but honestly I doubt that any banking service would provide return protection for something you've had for three months/used! I'm not as concerned about the money as I am about not having it for the upcoming LSAT (just a few points lost could cost more $$$ than 60.00). The 180 watch is the best one out there.

@"Dillon A. Wright" I used that exact email, Dillon. It's possible he is going through his weekend emails, but he did promise he would ship it on September 1st, and it is yet to arrive! And I need to practice using it while I am doing my PTs.

Maybe he will reply tomorrow, and I'm just freaking out over nothing. Tryingggg to be optimistic :)
  • StopLawyingStopLawying Alum Member
    821 karma
    Omg, so funny that you write this as I also have a malfunctioning watch and contacted him twice already. Didn't get any response at all and don't know what to do from here. My guess is that if we ordered new watches today they'd ship out tomorrow. He's definitely ignoring the emails. Some companies don't give a shit about customer service.
    28 karma
    @StopLawying I had my friend email the guy (Matt) about ordering a watch, and he responded the very next day!! I did a little digging, so I have more contact information on him/his partner, but I'll give him until the end of the day in the off chance this is all a big misunderstanding.

He should know, after the LSAT, I'll have a lot more time on my hands. I will get my money refunded, plus the money I used to send the watch to him, the money I will use to get a new watch, my $179.00, and my legal fees. This is just criminal. Why would you do this to someone who is taking the LSAT? Obviously, they are not going to let something like this slide, and they know where you live...

I would honestly just try to take it to a repair shop and have them fix it. I should have done that to begin with (or had my father fix it), but since Matt said he would take it, I sent it to him. So I am literally without a watch, and my $$$.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    Having a fancy watch is neither a sufficient nor a necessary condition for success on the LSAT. Don't let this marginalia pollute your outlook or stir up bad vibes.

HERE. Look at this corgi instead!!!!

28 karma
    Don't you have a 180 watch? Isn't taking the test a lot better with said watch versus another method? It's not necessary nor is it sufficient for success. However, I have been practicing with the watch for most of my PTs (a count up timer in the interim of waiting for it to be fixed). It's entirely too late for me to get used to or well acquainted to another method. I think it is both possible that I may lose points as a result, as well as it is possible that it may have no effect. In my case, I strongly believe it will have an effect. Different things work for different people. Consistency works for me (especially two weeks before the exam), inconsistency doesn't. You may be different.

Don't really like pictures or gifs pets, but thanks for your input! :)
  • brna0714brna0714 Alum Inactive ⭐
    1489 karma
    When you say it's malfunction, what exactly is the watch doing?
  • fefortv36fefortv36 Member
    14 karma
    I heard back from them last week, but it was a week and a half or two weeks after I originally contacted them. It could just be a very busy time (my conclusion after actually getting a response), but that seems less likely in your case given how long ago you reached out. Sorry to hear that! I will definitely make sure to be extra careful with mine
  • goalis180goalis180 Alum Member
    531 karma
    If you really need to keep track of time just use a regular watch and rotate the hand to12. I use this method along with several other people on this forum and its cheap and simple.
  • lschoolgolschoolgo Member
    274 karma
    I checked the 180 watch that i used last year and it is not working anymore.

I assume it's the battery. Has anyone replaced the battery of the 180 watch as I couldn't find how to open the back cover?
    28 karma
    UPDaTE! They replied to me later last week (I think it may have been Thursday). They were moving the physical address of their business (as evidenced by the watch I received today), so they missed a couple of emails. I received my new watch today. I'm scared to use it haha. So yeah, sorry for my freak out. In other news, I scored the best I ever had on a PT after getting a response from them. Correlation = causation? Anyways, I hope everyone has as good luck as I did!

I haven't opened the watch - would rather send it to them than do it myself. Unless you are technologically capable, this close to the LSAT, I would take it to a watch repair store. The malfunction I had was the big hand of my clock was loosened (it wouldn't stay into place, it would just swing around on its own accord, if that makes sense.)
  • JayP0352JayP0352 Alum Member
    99 karma
    Did anyone have a LSAT watch for over 4/5 months that continued to work? Starting to get worried that ordering one way in advance was a terrible idea....
  • brna0714brna0714 Alum Inactive ⭐
    1489 karma
    I've had mine since April and have had no problems.
  • Andrew KAndrew K Member
    76 karma
    I have a watch that I just start at 12. When the first section is over I set it to 1, then 2, and so on and so forth.