Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PerfectScore Watch vs 180 Watch

Dallan89Dallan89 Member
in General 52 karma
I am debating buying an Lsat watch and was just wondering if anyone has any experience with either of the two. Is the 180 watch worth the extra money?

Comments

• PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    The 180 watch has served me well and if I were you I'd hit up eBay or TLS over the next month as people sell theirs for cheap once they get scores back...
  • ChrissyChrissy Free Trial Member
    47 karma
    I used the 180 watch for this test. And it was good but the sections were back to back with no pause (I heard from someone that there should be a 5min break between sections) so there were times that I didn't have the time to restart it. But overall I think it is worth it if you find a good price.
    8021 karma
    There is no break between sections but there is more than enough time to reset the 180 watch after time is called... all you have to do is put down your pencil, push the two buttons and your watch is reset in under 5 seconds and then you can start it as soon as they say turn to the next section... that's why the 180 watch beats the competition IMO.
  • badgalriribadgalriri Alum Member
    316 karma
    Yeah idk what PerfectScore watch is but I used the 180 watch for the 2nd time on the real LSAT this weekend (didn't have much practice; got it late) and it was b e a u t i f u l
  • badgalriribadgalriri Alum Member
    316 karma
    okay I should specify - aside from aesthetically decent, it kept me on time & I was able to reset in the few seconds the proctor said begin the next section with no problem. definitely recommend it. i didn't wear the watch though, i kept it in my lap and it was fine
  • mepujalsmepujals Alum Member
    103 karma
    I definitely recommend the 180 watch, and for sure ALWAYS practice with it even if you also use the 7Sage proctor app (don't just use the app by itself and expect to be on point with the watch during the test). This is so using the two buttons and resetting it in those few seconds are like second nature. And don't worry about the money, it will pay off 100 fold in your ability to stay on task during the test. It is no coincidence that I royally screwed up my timing on the one section that I forgot to set my watch until I noticed about 3 minutes in. If you always practice with it, it's less likely you'll forget like me lol
    8021 karma
    The peace of mind it gives is worth the price alone.
  • deleted accountdeleted account Free Trial Member
    393 karma
    I wouldn't buy an LSAT-specific watch. I got a cheap analog Casio. $10. Takes less than a second to reset to X:25 between sections. When the big hand is vertical, time's up. I can also time the break! I reset to X:45.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @josephellengar said:
    Takes less than a second to reset to X:25 between sections.
    assumes people have fingernails long enough to facilitate adjustments. and i've ripped the mechanism out of one of these cheap casios without much force.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    180 watch all the way. I'll be selling mine around Oct 28th (hopefully).