What is different? PT's 70-75

tbram519tbram519 Alum Member
in General 77 karma
Hello all,
I have been consistently scoring well on PT's in the 60's, but I've experienced a drop off on PT's 70-75 on reading comprehension and logic games. On those two sections, what exactly is the test doing differently? Has anyone noticed any patterns or tricky behavior by the test makers? I can't quite put my finger on it, but they seem tougher.

Comments

• nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    A lot of us have noticed this.

Cheer up. While you're not going to see anything fundamentally different on Oct/Dec, take some extra time to review PT's 70+. You'll acclimate yourself to the changes and put yourself in a good position to not be tripped up in the future.
  • LSATdogfmlLSATdogfml Free Trial Member
    62 karma
    LG got easier and LRs got trickier. RC stayed RC. That's my take.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @LSATdogfml said:
    LG got easier
    ... Hmm ... This definitely goes against standard appraisals. LG has definitely NOT gotten easier in 70-75 ... !!
  • GordonBombayGordonBombay Alum Member
    456 karma
    I've taken 70-74 the in the past month and in my opinion it feels like RC passages can be tougher, and with LG it seems like there is usually one weird game mixed in somewhere. However with that being said my score has stayed in the same range that it was in for PT's in the 60's.
  • allergicallergic Alum Member Inactive Sage
    edited September 2015 246 karma
    @tbram519 Has your scaled score dropped, or just your score on those two sections ? Have you taken all 5 of those tests?
  • emilyburtemilyburt Alum Member
    5 karma
    I have definitely noticed this too, but I am glad that I am now on the right track and familiarizing myself with the right practice tests (65+). If it makes anyone else feel better who is having a similar issue, just think of all those people who haven't made it to the newer ones and are in for a shocker come test time... Or worse... are not studying official LSAC tests. Thanks for contributing to the curve >:) !