Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What do I make of this?

KevinSageKevinSage Alum Member
in General 260 karma
Background: Ok so prior to 7sage I self-studied. I made my own schedule using the PowerScore books and the LSAT Trainer. After completing my own "core curriculum" I started PT'ing using the Cambridge bundle (1-40 split by type, and 41-70 in four-section PTs). After taking 5 PTs (41-45), I realized that I needed to sign up for a course because I was getting answers wrong and had no clue why they were wrong. Ultimately, I signed up for a 7sage course. I completed 7sage's core curriculum and started taking PT's a couple weeks ago (starting with PT 36). I took PTs 36-40 by viewing the LR questions on 7sage's website (where JY reviews answers of that respective PT), and did RC and LG using the Cambridge "split by type" books... Although my scores for PT 36-40 were not much higher (went from avg of 150 before 7sage to 154 after using 7sage), I am seeing improvement....

Now, here's where I need you to help me out: I just completed BR for PT 41. My real score was a 168 and my BR score was 171 (previously my score for this PT was 150).... Yes, I have completed this PT before....BUT...I legitimately did not recall ANY games/answers for the LG section (went -0), nor any passages/answers for the RC section (went -4... completed 3 passages thoroughly and only got 1 wrong then guessed all "D" for the last passage which got me 3 wrong on that passage). However, I did recall only about 3 or 4 questions in total from both LR sections combined.

What do I make of this huge jump?? Do you think I subconsiously recalled questions/answers??
Sorry for such a wordy post, but I'm cautiously ecstatic and I would really appreciate any input !

Comments

• allergicallergic Alum Member Inactive Sage
    246 karma
    When I was studying there was about a month where I was consistently scoring around 173 on PTs. During this time I took a few PTs that I had taken before. Even though I didn't remember hardly any of the questions (and none of the answers) I scored 5 to 7 points higher on those tests. You shouldn't expect to score as high when you switch back to unused tests.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    I consider nearly all retakes to be subject to about a +5 point inflation. I would say your jump represents real improvement, the bump notwithstanding :)