Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Test day question. Stressing over every little thing...

UsernameChangeUsernameChange Free Trial Member
in General 349 karma
Two questions:(preferably someone who has taken the lsat can answer these)
1. My admission ticket first and last name match exactly but there is no middle name on my admission ticket. On my id my middle name is listed. Lsac policy says "first and last name must match exactly" but doesn't mention middle name. Has anyone had an issue or is there anything I should be worried about?
2. I wear glasses only when my eyes get fatigued (usually for reading comprehension section) and plan on bringing my reading glasses on test day. Lsac doesnt mention eye glasses as one of the "ONLY" items they allow on your desk on test day nor do they mention them being allowed in your ziplock. They also don't mention them as being prohibited or not allowed. I don't wear them when I'm just walking around (like during check in) so could i wear them like on my shirt? Or put them in my ziplock?

This last week till the lsat has me so stressed out over little stuff....ughh.

Comments

• nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @harleywferguson said:
    My admission ticket first and last name match exactly but there is no middle name on my admission ticket.
    Mine is the same way. Don't worry.

@harleywferguson said:
    I don't wear them when I'm just walking around (like during check in) so could i wear them like on my shirt?
    I would recommend getting one of these and there will be NO question.

Plus it's an opportunity to make a bold fashion statement on test day.
    7965 karma
    @harleywferguson said:
    This last week till the lsat has me so stressed out over little stuff....ughh.
    And by the way.

You're already letting them win by stressing you out over this stuff.
  • UsernameChangeUsernameChange Free Trial Member
    349 karma
    Thanks for the feedback! I might get the librarian eyeglass holder like you posted and call it a day.lol And I know Im stressing over the wrong things right now, but I've been reading horror stories about people getting turned around over the smallest stuff so I just wanted some comfort from my fellow 7sagers that nothing is going to keep me from taking the test that I've put in so much time for.lol I feel like they give all of these strict rules about pictures,names,first born children etc. as yet another way to psych us out for the test. Thanks for the help!
  • NYC12345NYC12345 Alum Inactive Sage
    1654 karma
    @nicole.hopkins said:
    @harleywferguson said:
    My admission ticket first and last name match exactly but there is no middle name on my admission ticket.
    Mine is the same way. Don't worry.

I was worrying about the same thing.
    #7sagerproblems
    7965 karma
    @harleywferguson said:
    Im stressing over the wrong things right now
    You're not stressing over the wrong things. Everything is the wrong thing :D SO DON'T STRESS YO!
  • NYC12345NYC12345 Alum Inactive Sage
    1654 karma
    S--->SWT
    /SWT---->/S
    ---------------------------
    /S
    ------------
    /SWT
  • silcal11silcal11 Member
    47 karma
    I took the LSAT last June 2015; and planning to take it for second time next week. I use also my glasses when my eyes get tired; I had no problem bringing them to the exam (put them in the bag). About the middle name, call LSAC to be sure that it is not an issue. My ticket did not have my middle initial last time (neither this time).
  • legally_chelslegally_chels Alum Member
    206 karma
    You'll be fine! I brought my reading glasses and didn't use them until the last section when my eyes started hurting. Kept them in the gallon sized ziplock bag the entire time I wasn't using them. And my middle name wasn't on the ticket either. They just want to make sure your first and last name are exactly what it says on your ticket and on your ID. Good luck with the October LSAT! :)
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    The only way that the middle name could be an issue is if the problem was reversed and your ticket had the middle name or initial but your ID did not. Even then, you'd have to have a very common first and last name to really get flagged by an overzealous proctor. Given your stress levels I'd say you would really benefit from doing a little recon this week if you can to check out the building and maybe even the room or rooms that the test will be administered in. Also, go ahead and find the test administration office, if there is one, and just talk shop with some of the people there. They're usually more than happy to help and now that tickets are printed they should have solidified their game day procedures.
  • c.janson35c.janson35 Free Trial Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2398 karma
    I can't imagine that you wouldn't be allowed to bring eye glasses in with you. It's not something I would even worry about tbh.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    If they take your glasses away just make sure to ask for the Braille version.
  • natashabanks1natashabanks1 Free Trial Member
    55 karma
    3rd time test taker here. I usually don't wear my glasses for PTs but I bring my glasses anyways.
  • silcal11silcal11 Member
    47 karma
    Double checked my ticket for next week (Oct. 3rd) and it has the initial of my middle name. Call LSAC to be sure about your ticket.