Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How many prep tests should I take?

jaylenosgaragejaylenosgarage Alum Member
in General 70 karma
I just started studying LSAT...my goal is 175+... do you recommend taking all 75 tests?

Comments

• nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    What's your diagnostic?
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    36-75 for PTs is the general advice, then just retake some of those if need be.

1-35 for drilling materials and such.

If your diagnostic is over 170 then you likely would need less than someone whose diagnostic was 150, but that is still no guarantee because you could just spin your wheels at 171 for six months, though that's not a bad situation to be in.
  • jaylenosgaragejaylenosgarage Alum Member
    edited September 2015 70 karma
    Thanks...! I got 151 for diagnostic...so I think I need all of the old tests.
  • 121 karma
    Well you also want some sections you can drill on, some problem sets, and even a few test to use the sections as the "experimental section" for your last few Preptests. I think that is what the first 35 or so test should serve as. Most likely, taking all the old test as test won't contribute to your score as much as you think. Learning the fundamentals and how to apply them (on the old tests) and then PTing and BRing hard as F*^% (on the new tests) it your best bet for that type of score increase.