Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help! Curriculum; time to completion?

mcmlaw36mcmlaw36 Alum Member
in General 631 karma
Hi guys,

I am looking to get a few answers on how long it took everybody to complete the curriculum?

I am completing mine slower than expected, and would like to set some deadlines/goals in order to make sure I finish the entire curriculum in time to do enough PT's/BR's before the December LSAT. Any advice on how many hours I should be putting in a day (with a part-time job)? I seriously find it hard to tackle question explanation after question explanation (incl. my own BR and comments for why each answer is correct/incorrect) and the sections I have recently gone through are exactly this. Going through the q's in such detail only captures my attention for so long before calling it quits for the night. Any suggestions?

Thank you!!

Comments

• ENTJENTJ Alum Inactive ⭐
    3658 karma
    Which package do you have? The starter? The Ultimate?
  • mcmlaw36mcmlaw36 Alum Member
    631 karma
    Thanks for the quick reply, @ENTJ. I have the Ultimate.
    3658 karma
    @mcmlaw36 No prob! Try not to get bogged down too much by the sheer amount of problem sets. Focus on the actual lessons and do only a few sets to get acclimated to a new concept. The sooner you get into the PT/BR cycle, the better. Remember, you're going to see all those questions in the problem sets in the actual PTs. KICK ASS!
  • mcmlaw36mcmlaw36 Alum Member
    631 karma
    @ENTJ Thanks for the advice!! So, to be clear, I shouldn't necessarily be finishing every question that J.Y. puts out in the question type sections? I do like to practice, and I want to be thorough. However, I also want to be smart about the time I have left, and I think that's my main priority right now.
    3658 karma
    @mcmlaw36 The problem sets are great but they only help so much. The major progress happens with the actual PTs themselves. Again, the PT/BR cycle takes precedence over everything else. The problem sets are ancillary to this end.
  • megsvyas_OVOmegsvyas_OVO Alum Member
    218 karma
    Hey guys, sorry to hop in here, but since y'all are talking about curriculum, I thought you could help me. I need some curriculum location help: Can someone direct me to the lesson that discusses when rules trigger and when they don't? I mean, I know sufficiency satisfied and necessary failed are what make conditional rules trigger (and they are irrelevant when the necessary is satisfied, or the sufficient is failed) but I'd really like to hear JY explain it again! I can't seem to find it :(