Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

When do you take your last PT?

I have PT 74 left to take. I was going to take it Friday morning at the same time the LSAT is being held on Saturday. I'm concerned with burnout, as my scores tend to dip if I take two PT's too close together (I've performed better with 4 days between, and worse with less, though correlation/causation could certainly be an issue here).

It's Tuesday. I took PT 73 last night. How should I go about taking my last PT? Should I just do sections over the course of the week?

Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more.

Comments

• bSM45LSATbSM45LSAT Member
    522 karma
    Just have PT 75 left to do, will do it Thursday. I'm not doing ANYTHING LSAT related on Friday, the day before the test.
  • Matt1234567Matt1234567 Inactive ⭐
    1294 karma
    Pt 75 on Wednesday, then blind review it Wed/Thur and take Friday off.
  • Matt1234567Matt1234567 Inactive ⭐
    edited September 2015 1294 karma
    @NewEnglandBound said:

It's Tuesday. I took PT 73 last night. How should I go about taking my last PT? Should I just do sections over the course of the week?
    Some of the guys here suggested to take your last PT as untimed BR. This will settle your nerves and expose you to the material. It also won't adversely effect your confidence ahead of Saturday like a full time PT would (if you were to let anxiety kick in and not do as well as you'd like).
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    saturday, yo.

if you can't be talked out of taking a PT this week ... either take it as a timed 3 section or untimed as folks have said. this close to the test you don't need to be seeing a score, IMO.
  • @nicole.hopkins said:
    if you can't be talked out of taking a PT this week
    I guess I could be talked out of taking it. I took one yesterday. My last 4 scores average to the score that I want (and are all within one point of each other). I'm happy with the place I'm in, I just tend to worry that when I sit down I feel like I won't be up to speed after a 4-5 day break. Like the brain is stuck in molasses for a section of two.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @NewEnglandBound said:
    I'm happy with the place I'm in, I just tend to worry that when I sit down I feel like I won't be up to speed after a 4-5 day break.
    stop worrying, dude
    it's a complete red herring
    imagined danger

a "calm down and stop studying" haiku
  • NYC12345NYC12345 Alum Inactive Sage
    1654 karma
    @bSM45LSAT said:
    Just have PT 75 left to do, will do it Thursday.
    You're not going to get anything out of taking another PT at this point. The exam is in 4 days. Why would you take another PT on Thursday? Even when I PT'd 3 times a week I wouldn't take 2 PTs in a span of three days (I'd PT Monday, Thursday and Sunday). You're have everything to lose and nothing to gain by doing that.
  • msizzleeemsizzleee Alum Member
    183 karma
    I'd have to agree with @nicole.hopkins here. I started doing PT 75 this morning as a timed test, finished one section and found myself getting distracted and freaked out on RC about what I would get. Ended up stopping and will complete the rest of it either untimed or timed 2 sections. Just say no to PTs this week and beast PT 76 this Saturday!
  • ddakjikingddakjiking Inactive ⭐
    2116 karma
    @alexandergreene93 said:
    You're not going to get anything out of taking another PT at this point. The exam is in 4 days. Why would you take another PT on Thursday? Even when I PT'd 3 times a week I wouldn't take 2 PTs in a span of three days (I'd PT Monday, Thursday and Sunday). You're have everything to lose and nothing to gain by doing that.
    Agreed. If you insist on taking a PT, take one that you have already done in the past for a little bit of confidence booster.
  • lpadr009lpadr009 Free Trial Member
    379 karma
    Took 74 today. Last one
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    If you take them M/Th/Su then you take two on consecutive days once the next week starts...
  • leonsmoneyleonsmoney Member
    280 karma
    I'm taking my last one today, but breaking it up into timed sections. I'm very happy with my last two timed PTs and if I score + or - 3 points from those I'm going to be elated. I was going to do a full on PT today but after reading this post, decided to break it up into some timed drill sections. Good luck to all. I just hope I can sleep the night before!!!
    edited September 2015 522 karma
    @alexandergreene93 said:
    Well the last PT I did was 73 this past Saturday, so it's been quite a few days if I do one this Thursday.

Do you think it would be better to split the test up then and do a section every morning?

I realize I'm not going to make any gains, and I've already reached my goal score, I just want to keep my brain sharp.

Oh and also, starting today I've been waking up at 7am, and doing 2 old sections of LR and LG that I've done before (only PT 70s). I just feel like I'm helping my brain think at that time. Is this counter productive?
    1654 karma
    @bSM45LSAT said:
    Do you think it would be better to split the test up then and do a section every morning?
    That's definitely a superior alternative. I wouldn't even time myself if I were you. Complete questions at your leisure. Just familiarize yourself with the questions, which, as you likely know by now, are just like questions in past PTs.
    edited September 2015 522 karma
    @alexandergreene93 said:
    That's definitely a superior alternative.
    Hmm I'll take your advice, I was kind of contemplating my decision anyway, didn't want to get burnt out.

What do you think about doing some old sections everyday in the morning? Worth it at all?

1654 karma
    I've been doing some questions here and there from the 60s, but I'm not taking sections. During my breaks in class I'll complete 3-5 questions and so on and so forth. You have everything to lose and nothing to gain by sitting down and timing yourself, while doing timed sections. That's my advice.