Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Quick Post On My Progress

LSATKingsmanLSATKingsman Alum Member
in General 1024 karma
LSAT Takers And Widow Makers,

90 days ago I was chilling in my dorm waiting to meet with a few of my residents and thought "you know what I am actually going to study for the LSAT". I took the 2007 test a few months prior scored it and got a whopping 147 and did nothing until July 20th.

I started by reading through the Logic Games Bible and LR Bible. I bounced back and fourth for about 2 weeks getting through 80ish% and then the most vital and important moment of my studying hit me. I googled one of the games to get some feedback and was brought to the voice of J.Y. Ping telling me how to do the game and EVERY OTHER SINGLE GAME EVER FOR FREE. I said to myself "I like this guy I am going to buy his coarse" and so I did. For the weeks following I started blowing through. I averaged about 8-10 hours a day but I think I took breaks totaling at least 2 hours a day until school hit mid august then slowed my pace. During the coarse I took notes and watched videos twice if I had the slightest confusion. I do also want to say that every test I take I watch EVERY single J.Y. video explanation for every question. Then I go through it again but this time I pretend like I am making the video and speak out loud explaining why all the wrong answers are wrong and why the correct answer is.. you guessed it...correct.

In 73ish day's I have been able to raise my score 13 points as I scored a 160 on PT41 (my last PT I have taken). Here is the kicker though. I feel really fucking good about this test. When I blind review I miss 2-3 questions for the entire test. I have only taken I think 5 PT's so yeah I am quite happy with my progress. If I scored into the 170's on my next PT I honestly would not at all be surprised and I am not saying that to brag, I am saying that because I think it speaks for itself what this coarse has done for me.

One other thing though that is important. Friday and Saturday night want to know where I am? The library. The past 90 days I have watched the sun come up more than I have watched it set. I am in the worst physical shape of my life and my friends and family tell me to "just take the test to see how you do" which anyone who is studying for this test understand why this is so hurtful? Even when I meet other LSAT takers which is rare they didn't study and thus all have scores in the 150s so not even they can relate. I am keeping a journal so I am tossing the idea around about posting it but I am going to wait to make sure I hit my test day target of at least 176 before I go spouting any type of advice.

J.Y. Thank you for the help. I feel like we are best of friends and you don't even know it, I mean we hang out every weekend. bahahaha.

Best,

LSATKingsman

Comments

• EmergingAttorney180EmergingAttorney180 Alum Member
    edited October 2015 133 karma
    Hey man, glad you are feeling good about your progress.

Make sure to take care of your health tho! The test will always be here!

Again, good job on the progress. I hope you reach that 176.
  • GSU HopefulGSU Hopeful Core
    1644 karma
    Good job. I can't say enough about what the course and the community has meant to me. Keep it up!