Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LG difficulty order?

mrlsat180mrlsat180 Alum Member
edited January 2014 in General 118 karma
In a full LSAT, which games are usually the easiest and which ones are the hardest? I thought it was usually the first one is the easiest, then the remaining 3 are a combination of medium games and hard games (2 medium 1 hard, or 2 hard 1 medium). It's always better to start with the easiest ones so I'm wondering if there is any definite order to the level of difficulty of the games.

Comments

• LSATislandLSATisland Free Trial Inactive Sage
    edited January 2014 1878 karma
    Usually, the easiest is first and the harder ones near the end when time is tight. But these aren't like guidelines the LSAT writers must adhere to. You'll find plenty of LG with hard ones off the bat.

It's a good idea to attack the games in order of difficulty. But don't just assume it's the first one. Look at the game quickly to see if it's sequencing/grouping, how many variables, rules etc...

Additionally, some people prefer one type over another. If you're better at grouping, then choose them first.

Personally, I did them in their order. If one was extremely difficult and I felt like I was confused, I'd go to the next game and return with a fresh mind after. When I sat the LSAT, I just went through them in order. With the time pressure, I didn't really think much about jumping around.