Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Retaking LSAT

ericktraschikoff477ericktraschikoff477 Free Trial Member
edited February 2014 in General 4 karma
I am planning to take the LSAT this June 2014, I took the LSAT in December and after studying for a year I went from a diagnostic of 139 to a score of 155(Dec 13). I used Blueprint, Manhattan, Powerscore and of course 7sage. I am wondering how can I use 7sage to continue my studies and reach my goal of 160+? Is this a good idea?

Comments

• LSATislandLSATisland Free Trial Inactive Sage
    1878 karma
    I think you can definitely reach your goal on a retake. People have achieved greater score increases on their second take. You would need to put in the hours and work, but it is definitely doable.

I don't know what your study schedule and approach was for December. But depending on what it was, changing it up a bit might be helpful. I'd be happy to help if you want; just message me what your study plan was.
  • cwarburtcwarburt Alum Member
    edited February 2014 2 karma
    I'm in the same boat! I took the December LSAT and didn't do as well as I wanted to. I self studied with the Powerscore bibles and a lot of practice tests. I'm about half way through the 7sage lessons now and I feel a lot better already! I feel like the 7sage strategies are a lot more intuitive and helpful!
  • TechSupportGuysTechSupportGuys Alum Member
    16 karma
    Definitely possible... I've spent ~540 hours (I log my hours) studying since Oct. and have gone from 146-166, using very similar resources. I'm gunning another 5 points at the minimum.
    1878 karma
    @callthecenter -- Wow, great increase. Keep improving! (Quite the dedication with the hour log. I like it.)
  • rbleal007rbleal007 Alum Member
    4 karma
    Hello,
    These are some great comments and I'm definitely going to retake the LSAT in June 14. I've studied a few months a year ago and then found 7Sage in Nov 13. I enrolled for 7Sage in Dec and completed the course and took the Feb 14 LSAT. Taking 7Sage has given me hope to increase my current diagnostics to a mid 150s or 160. However, I don't feel I received that mid 150 mark during the Feb 14 LSAT. I spent 2 months gaining the fundamentals of LR and RC in the 7Sage course. I feel very confident though after taking this course. I know I can commit 4-6 hours a day, utilizing the fundamentals I learned through 7Sage and practice everyday until Jun 14 so that I can hit the mid 150/160 mark no problem. That said, I was hoping to get a plan together with your help so that I can obtain and increase my score. By the way, I plan on extending my 7Sage subscription for another 3 months. Any assistance is greatly appreciated. If you can help, what is your email? Thanks in advance.
    1878 karma
    @rbleal007 -- I'm not sure if your message was directed to me. If it was, I'd be happy to help. Just message me the details.