Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Retaking the LSAT

brittany.rolstonbrittany.rolston Free Trial Member
I studied on my own while working a full-time job using the PowerScore Bibles, and I felt fairly confident. I had been doing well on PTs (around 160), but the night before the test I had a lot of unexpected things happen in my personal life and I was definitely distraught the morning of the October 2015 test. I just got my scores back yesterday and I made a 147. So now I'm going to try a different mode of study, 7Sage, and retake the LSAT in February. Any advice or tips? I would be thrilled with a 165, but now that I've done so poorly on the test I'm afraid of making the same mistakes twice.

Comments

• brittany.rolstonbrittany.rolston Free Trial Member
    5 karma
    Also would the "LSAT Starter" package be sufficient?
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @brittany.rolston said:
    Also would the "LSAT Starter" package be sufficient?
    Start with it!

Also pick up a copy of the LSAT Trainer. Do one first, then do the other, then do all your PT's at the end.
  • GSU HopefulGSU Hopeful Core
    1644 karma
    @brittany.rolston Definitely start with it. I would leave the option open to move up to the Ultimate+ if you can swing it. It would be invaluable in the long run. I'm afraid that a timeline of now to February to gain 18 points might be a little tight. I have no doubt that it can happen, but it doesn't happen everyday. To give yourself the best shot possible of achieving that 165, it might prove to be more prudent to stretch it to June or maybe even October. Start with 7Sage and get the highest membership you can afford and mix in the Trainer along the way. Go through it slowly and absorb every little thing you can. In my opinion, one of the biggest differences between high and low scorers is high scorers do the little things right all the time, almost without thought. Not sometimes, but all the time. This type of mastery requires intensive study drawn out over an indefinite period of time. I know this is probably not what you wanted to hear, but it might be what you need to hear. This thing is hard...it takes time. Everyone is different and possess different abilities, but I urge you to not hang your hat on an 18 point jump from now to February. Best of luck to you.

Consider this.... http://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/2584/why-knowledge-is-not-enough
  • J.H. SongJ.H. Song Alum Member
    edited October 2015 201 karma
    Agree with the statements above. I would also suggest carefully reviewing the test you took to see if most of the points you missed were in fact due to the unexpected personal issues you had to deal with. Basically, you would want to know (though I understand there is no full certainty of knowing) whether you are aiming for a 147 to 165 jump, or a 160 to 165 jump.
  • c.janson35c.janson35 Free Trial Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2398 karma
    7Sage Starter! Do it! Also, remember you have a great community of 7Sagers to help you out along the way. You'll be amazed at how responsive and helpful everyone is around here.