Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Time between BR and PT

dj768083724dj768083724 Alum Member
in General 112 karma
So is order to avoid burnout and a brain drain, I'm curious to see what absorption time you guys give yourself after blind reviewing before starting a new pt session. Today for instance, I've BR and drilled all day since 9 AM, and I'm debating about a PT tonight at 9PM. I'm sure with less then 30 days left til DEC lot of cramming is being done around this time and subjectivity aside, some guidance from the vets would be much appreciated.

Comments

• PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    If you have actually just studied for ~10 hours then I'd say relax and then go to bed. Cramming is not a good idea. It's fine to take another PT after finishing a BR if you aren't totally brain drained but a full day of BR is more than enough for that day. Just get some rest and attack a PT at the next opportunity and the extra time you allow for the lessons learned from your BR to sink in will be a force multiplier if you will.

Quality over quantity. I have pretty much broken through my mid 160s plateau and have been consistently in the high 160s/low 170s lately but one test I finished at 3am on no sleep was my worst test in a long time and was not a true reflection of where I am at now but showed me that I can still sink that low if I don't respect the needs of my body and brain. Give the brain time to regroup and refresh and it will pay dividends moving forward.
  • dj768083724dj768083724 Alum Member
    112 karma
    Thanks for the advice, you're probably right, maybe practice some games at the very least but some rest would be great. BTW I think you @Pacifico and a couple others, @jyang72 and @brna0714 all gave me some advice a couple of months ago when I was scoring in low 140's and BR in mid 150's. Tonight's test came to a 163 and a BR at 173. Can't thank you guys enough, excited to see where I can get that to by FEB!
  • jyang72jyang72 Alum Member
    844 karma
    I am glad things work out pretty well for you!!!
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @dj768083724 said:
    Today for instance, I've BR and drilled all day since 9 AM, and I'm debating about a PT tonight at 9PM.
    NO :D

@dj768083724 said:
    Tonight's test came to a 163 and a BR at 173.
    <3 <3 <3