Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Translating "Results In"

ehoyaehoya Member
in General 29 karma
The other day, I came across a question in a practice test that used the phrase "results in," and I really struggled with the question because I wasn't sure how to translate that into "lawgic," as J.Y. calls it, or if it even could be translated. I don't remember what PT is was exactly, although I know it was somewhere between PT 65 and 68, and it dealt with bees. The sentence in question said something along the line of "Excellent pollination requires the presence of bees and results in a better harvest of fruits and vegetables," or something along those lines.

I know the first half translates to EP ---> PB, but is there a way to translate "results in?" Would you say EP ---> BF&V because if you have excellent pollination, then you know you'll have better fruits and vegetables, or would you write it as BF&V ---> EP because if you're garden produced better fruits and vegetables, then you know that you had excellent pollination?

Comments

• nye8870nye8870 Alum
    1749 karma
    "result in" to me is actually [the arrow] " --->". So whatever is on the left of "results in" is the sufficient condition and whatever is on the right is the necessary condition. The same thing goes for "leads to" Et al.
  • texcellencetexcellence Alum Member
    30 karma
    I just did this PT the other night, it's PT 67. @nye8870 is correct in noting the arrow moves to the right when you see "results in," but if you take a step back from this particular stimulus, you'll see that there's a bunch of extra language wherein "abundant fruits and vegetables" doesn't have anything to do with the conclusion, so don't sweat it too much.