Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PT48 and on

goalis180goalis180 Alum Member
in General 531 karma
Hey guys,

For a while now I have been working through the earlier PT's 21-38, concentrating on accuracy and applying the proper methodology to the questions. I recently discovered that I was unable to purchase PT's 39-48 because they are unavailable in the form of the 10 PT's. I decided to purchase PT's 48, 49, 50, 51 and I already have 52-75. I sat down to do timed sections with PT 48 and everything just seems way different from the PT's I have been practicing with; Questions are asked different, and the games in this test were weird, and I could not identify what type of games they were. Is it like this for all the newer tests and it is just something which I need to get familiar with, or is this test just weird? When I took the 07 PT the games were not this weird, so I am not sure what is going on.

Comments

• Campo1995Campo1995 Alum Member
    74 karma
    I am a firm believer that the newer games are harder, but many would disagree. There tends to be a dip in scores once you hit PT 60, I attribute this to comparative RC, but nothing really changes. By this I mean if you understand the concepts and logic, and are able to apply them to the early tests, you will be able to do the same for the newer tests as well. Just be prepared for a slight learning curve as you progress through the tests. If the new tests seems "weird" right now, don't get discouraged, once you acclimated to the newer styles you will be just as successful as you were with the older PTs.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    In the past 5 years only PT 68 ranks as even having harder games by 7Sage's data. They just dress stuff up a little more, but even the games on October's test were really easy they just threw people off for one reason or another.
  • goalis180goalis180 Alum Member
    531 karma
    I would not say the games are harder, but they are weird. With the older games, I would look and be able to identify what kind of game it is i.e. grouping sequencing etc... With test 48 I was only able to identify what 2 of the games were, but I should not really be all confused, after all it is only one test and I would need a larger data set for me to gauge me understanding.