Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Games that require brute force

The MooseThe Moose Alum Member
Can someone name a few games that require a lot of brute force. These seems to be the one that trip me up the most during LG sections and I want to drill them before the Dec. exam.

Comments

• PetrichorPetrichor Alum Member
    359 karma
    A game that might require brute force for you might not for someone else..I'd take a look at past PTs to see which types you need to brute force the most and work on strategies from there.
  • joy.pylesjoy.pyles Free Trial Member
    36 karma
    Personally, I don't think any of the games require brute force, it's all the way you "play the game"; set up the diagram and answer the questions. However, I personally think they all use brute force because LSAT LG can be tricky and hell to solve if you make a mistake, ignore or make a wrong inference, contrapositive / conditional. The mistake(s) can mean a difference in LSAT score and admission to the law school. I'm not an expert, but in my opinion you need to consider all logic games of equal importance because one little word can make a simple game hard and what looks simple can actually be difficult, time consuming and a lot of work. Although, on the flip side what looks difficult could actually be easy and with less time to solve if you do it right. I hope this helps. I would also like to say, watch your stress; it makes a big difference in your judgment decision making and thinking processes. Stay focused and study, study, study.... Good luck. I'll keep you in my prayers. I'm still studying.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    There are no games that require brute forcing. There may be certain questions for certain games that require it, but that is a much different issue. Furthermore, even when brute forcing is required, you really need to check to see if any ACs can be eliminated right off the bat before you go making a game board for each scenario. Also, depending on the game type and number of game pieces, there are certain situations in which you should essentially do this in your head on your master game board rather than writing everything out (PT 69, Game 1 is a good example of this).