Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Good looking lawyers make more money?

mrlsat180mrlsat180 Alum Member
edited March 2014 in General 118 karma
So there's been a few studies that found that good looking people make more money on average over their lifetime than people who are not good looking. My question is this:

Have all these studies done is establish that there is a correlation between looks and income or can we say that good looks cause higher incomes? The studies seem to suggest or imply a causal relationship but if all they've done is establish a correlation, their findings are not as interesting. What's you analysis on this?

Comments

• ENTJENTJ Alum Inactive ⭐
    3658 karma
    Why is this limited to just lawyers? Wouldn't that be true of any profession? Opportunity?
  • mrlsat180mrlsat180 Alum Member
    118 karma
    Yes other professions are included, especially professions where you deal a lot with other people. But the details aren't important. I'm just asking a causation correlation LSAT question.
  • ENTJENTJ Alum Inactive ⭐
    3658 karma
    Well if you're examining logical structure, it's really a bi-conditional statement. Meaning, it's really a 'chicken or the egg' paradigm. Income gain could be attributed to good looks, or you could also say that people that have higher incomes tend to breed with more attractive people (i.e. ugly rockstars and supermodels).

:)