Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advanced Logic: Quiz on Mixed Conditionals

Hey guys,

I was going through Advanced Logic: Quiz on Mixed Conditionals and got mixed up on #20. Hopefully someone could help me out here.

Except for the days where there is a zombie apocalypse, every day is a good day to study for the LSAT.

JY diagrammed it as
GSLSAT ↔ /ZA
Contrapositive: (/GSLSAT ↔ ZA)

However, I thought that "every day is a good day to study for the LSAT" is a conditional statement (embedded conditional), so you would instead diagram it as

(D→GDS) ↔ /ZA
Contrapositive: /(D→GDS) ↔ ZA = (D←s→/GDS) ↔ ZA

When I translated my diagram back to English it still makes sense to me.
Please let me know what I'm doing wrong. Thanks!

Comments

• GSU HopefulGSU Hopeful Core
    1644 karma
    With this statement in particular, I think you have to consider the context. I see your point about "every" being group 1 sufficient, but within the context of the statement, it isn't intended to be a conditional in and of itself. It is part of the greater conditional statement. I guess the easiest way for me to think about it is that not every word that can be a conditional indicator will be an indicator every time it appears. Sometimes, you will need to consider the context before blindly diagramming the statement.