Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tracking Help.

sarahfatima28sarahfatima28 Alum Member
in General 320 karma
I have been looking (in the discussions) for links to excel documents that other 7sagers might have made during their course of LSAT prep but haven't found any yet. Can anyone please share the excel sheets (or any other kind) that you made to track your study progress, each section progress, questions to be done, analysis of issues, foolproof method, PT analysis...hope you get the gist. It would save a lot of time. Plus it would help to see if there is something missing from my list. Thank you.

Comments

• nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @sarahfatima28 said:
    PT analysis
    Have you checked out the 7sage Analytics yet? And I think the 7sage Syllabus is a great start for tracking overall study progress—though I do understand the desire for more elaborate tracking :) I developed a few tools myself.

As for the rest of it, it sounds like you're especially interested in an Excel sheet that would allow you to track questions attempted/missed on problem sets and games. Is that right? The analytics part (aside from PT analytics, which 7sage already has) in such a document can get a little more complicated.

I have something similar to this (with drilling analytics) but it's only for PT's 29-71; I could be persuaded to change this so that it covered PT's 1-35 (the drilling PT's) but it would require a lot of man hours to do so.
  • sarahfatima28sarahfatima28 Alum Member
    edited December 2015 320 karma
    Yeah. I haven't taken pts yet so don't know exactly. Yes. I want to be able to keep track of this stuff. Daily work analysis, Drilling, Pting and so on. I hope I am not being too obsessed with this. But I feel it will be really beneficial to do so.
    Thank you.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @sarahfatima28 said:
    I hope I am not being too obsessed with this.
    You might be :) Hehe ... I know I was for a time. Wish I'd relaxed more and trusted the process more.

I'll think about it.
    320 karma
    Hahaha okay!
    Thanks again. :D
  • bbutlerbbutler Inactive ⭐
    401 karma
    @sarahfatima28 I used this template here for mine. It has a bunch of great analytics (not as good as 7sage) but nevertheless can allow you to track various areas you didn't think of (food, warmup, when you took the test, etc.). By doing this you can engage even more and yeah it may be a little over the top crazy but hey I think anyone who starts to enjoy taking the LSAT is a little crazy!

http://www.mediafire.com/download/zzyeinnnytwezmj/TLS1776's+preptests.xls
    edited December 2015 320 karma
    I know right!
    Thanks @bbutler I think tls1776 has some amazing advice. I have always wanted to keep an account of the everything I do but more so after I read about his journey and the benefits he got.
  • bbutlerbbutler Inactive ⭐
    401 karma
    @sarahfatima28 I agree! It definitely helps a bunch, my only advice would be to listen to what your brain responds to because something may work for someone else and not for you. I'm sure that with the resources here though if we put in the time we're capable of scoring well too!
    320 karma
    @bbutler True, I agree.