Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So, I have a problem

christopherchristopher Alum Member
edited December 2015 in General 8 karma
To those who offered advice, I thank you. Pacifico, I will be contact you soon. Thanks.

Comments

• stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma
    I would contact the Bar Association in your state to see if you would be able to pass the character and fitness portion. You might have to wait for 5 years or more, not sure about this.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    My recommendation would be to change your username to something by which you cannot be identified. All of our posts on 7sage are Google-able.

There are others who know more about this kind of C&F stuff around, but I would recommend that you do as @stepharizona suggests and contact the Bar association.

Furthermore, with this magnitude of C&F issues (both the former and the driving incident, which is IMO far from minor, friend), you absolutely need to consider working with an admissions consultant. Those folks are trained to help tricky cases navigate the application process.

Keep your head up, OP—there can be redemption for this and it sounds like you've got the makings of a great story already. Just be sure to drive the speed limit!!!
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    Delete everything in this post and PM me the state where it happened and we can set up a time to discuss this stuff. Never discuss C&F in an open forum, even if you have a BS screen name.
  • txadpi13txadpi13 Member
    64 karma
    From what I understand, most schools state in their application that you don't need to include minor traffic violations like speeding, running a stop sign, etc. However, the school that you're applying to might want you to include those violations so read the application very carefully.
    Even if your school wants you to include that violation, I would still apply now... If they want more explanation they will contact you for more information or the app will ask you to explain in an attachment. I wouldn't let that violation stop me from applying when I wanted to, but that's just my opinion..

As for your other charge, I would contact the Bar of the state you're wanting to practice and explain the situation to them to see if you can pass the C&F portion. I'm not sure what you were charged with, what state you're wanting to practice in, or what their guidelines are.
    Some states will not let you take the bar if you've had a felony. I think there are very few states that do that, but I would make sure that yours isn't one of them if you have a felony.
    @nicole.hopkins @stepharizona and @Pacifico offer good advice. I wouldn't post things too personally about myself on the internet.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    @strickland.stormy said:
    most schools state in their application that you don't need to include minor traffic violations like speeding,
    Reckless driving is not a minor traffic violation. Some states have insanely strict speeding laws where there is a pretty low threshold into reckless driving and so you just need to be careful out there so you don't get busted for this nonsense.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @strickland.stormy said:
    minor traffic violations like speeding
    this is specifically a MAJOR violation.