Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tips on how to concentrate better while pting.

Nanchito-1-1Nanchito-1-1 Yearly Member
in General 1762 karma
I lack discipline. What do you guys do to concentrate?

Comments

• kennedybjkennedybj Alum Member
    697 karma
    I go to the library and find a dungeon-like room and leave all electronics in the car.
  • Nanchito-1-1Nanchito-1-1 Yearly Member
    1762 karma
    @kennedybj you know what you're right. I think i'm just being lazy and taking the easy way. Actually going somewhere else besides work and home to study is probably best.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    I go the opposite route. Give yourself a lot of distractions or at least a few so you won't be caught off guard on test day. I've done an entire RC section with my finger in a baby's mouth and it was no big deal and I scored better than my average. I've done full PTs with a baby strapped to my chest so people tapping pencils is a joke.
    697 karma
    I just cant study at home because of so many temptations lol
  • AlejandroAlejandro Member Inactive ⭐
    2424 karma
    @
    @Pacifico said:
    I've done an entire RC section with my finger in a baby's mouth and it was no big deal and I scored better than my average. I've done full PTs with a baby strapped to my chest so people tapping pencils is a joke.
    @Pacifico you are my hero
  • twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma
    In the middle of a PT, my daughters came home earlier than expected from school and went to the echo chamber from hell - their bathroom - to rehearse for high school musical auditions. Shoot me under normal circumstances just listening to the start-stop off-key song prep, I got thru the PT but decided Starbucks would be less distracting... As recommended by the mentors, try all different types of environments. "Active" reading strategies as discussed by @c.janson35 and @"Quick Silver" during the interactive workshops had really good advice to stay engaged. Hopefully there will be more in the future! BR calls are another way to hear casual discussions about how to keep engaged. Meditation is highly recommended!
    697 karma
    You may be want to be around a noisy clock. I've heard they can be distracting..
  • as5324therapyas5324therapy Member
    175 karma
    NZT!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • GSU HopefulGSU Hopeful Core
    edited December 2015 1644 karma
    I would intentionally expose myself to distractions during the practice tests. Also, meditation has worked wonders for me in this area.
  • Quick SilverQuick Silver Alum Inactive Sage
    1049 karma
    meditate beforehand - @"J.Y. Ping" included a meditation recording in the course.

Get adequate sleep

If you find yourself daydreaming remind yourself "am I giving it my all?
  • GSU HopefulGSU Hopeful Core
    1644 karma
    @"Quick Silver" said:
    Get adequate sleep
    This has been the biggest deal breaker for me when it comes to concentration issues.