Wait-listed

Jason Camp_Jason Camp_ Alum Member
edited April 2014 in General 61 karma
Hi Guys,

I have just heard from my Top Law school that my application is currently wait-listed. Does anyone know how to get off this and become an admitted candidate? I know re-doing the LSAT is a possibility, but with less than two months, it sounds like a rush reaction. Any suggestions would be awesome. :)

Thanks.

Comments

• Nathalie NguyenNathalie Nguyen Alum Member
    68 karma
    When I went to a conference about applying to law school and its application process - they talked a little bit about wait listing. The things they mentioned were although the school asks for two letters of rec, sometimes if you call them, you may send a third to weight out in your favor. I know one school in my area who accepts third letters if the potential student gets wait listed. Also, the conference suggested that writing letters of interest as time progresses also plays in your favor. It lets them know you haven't decided yet because they may be your top choice. Maybe you can see if you can play the card of these two?
  • olddawg36olddawg36 Free Trial Member
    edited May 2014 9 karma
    i got wait listed last year, i had sent in two additional letters of recommendations letter, but still did not get taken off the wait list. I also wrote multiple LOCI. i applied again this year... and got waitlisted again from the same school - i rewrote my essay and also added a diversity statement. so - at least in my situation, i see it as letters mean nothing - its all about your GPA and your LSAT score.