Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Skip Reading Comp Passage

LSATConspiracyLSATConspiracy Core Member
in General 127 karma
I've been working on this section for the last 6 months continuously and nothing seems to be working. Should I just skip a passage in Feburary? I'm going -12 on average every section.

Comments

• PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    Only if you're shooting for something below a 160. Otherwise this is not a good strategy because you are still not likely to go 20 for 20 on 3 passages if you're missing 12ish now. What actual strategies and resources have you been using?
  • LSATConspiracyLSATConspiracy Core Member
    127 karma
    I've read through Voyager and NoodleyOne's guides on TLS, tried The LSAT Trainer, PowerScore's materials. Nothing seems to work for me.
  • mimimimimimimimi Free Trial Member
    368 karma
  • cjones76cjones76 Alum Member
    318 karma
    @LSATConspiracy are you getting to the 4th passage and answering all questions?
  • LSATConspiracyLSATConspiracy Core Member
    127 karma
    @mimimimi I've tried it, but haven't gone full force with it. @cjones76 I'm getting to all the passages.
  • mimimimimimimimi Free Trial Member
    368 karma
    @LSATConspiracy This is the only method that really worked for me. Try it.
  • runiggyrunruniggyrun Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2481 karma
    How are your BR scores? If you're not very close to perfect on BR, then the strategy of skipping a passage to give you more time on the remaining three is going to backfire, because you are automatically giving up 6-7 points AND can't guarantee that the remaining questions are going to be correct. If you are getting perfect BR scores, then it's a matter of timing and you might squeeze out a couple extra points by skipping the passage with the fewest questions. It would still be more productive to use the memory method to try and improve your speed and accuracy to the point where you get to have at least a stab at the fourth passage without significantly impacting the accuracy on the other three