Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please help! Withdraw or not

eostrelsyeostrelsy Legacy Member
in General 71 karma
I am applying for the 2016 cycle. Registered for the February, which is my third take. I cancelled my second score due to bubbling error and used my first score to apply, which should get me into some fine law schools. Everyone around me think I should give it a last try. So I prepped for another month and took 77 and ended up with the exact same score which I got for my first take. I would wish anyone to give me some advise on whether to take the test on Saturday! Thanks!

Comments

  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    If you already applied you may as well if you're dead set on starting this fall. It represents only opportunity.

    That being said your general freak out tone leads me to believe you would be better served with a year off and taking it in June or October, but hey it's your life. Do what you need to do.
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Legacy Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    @Pacifico This is the advice you'll get from most members on the discussion board...for good reason.
    Are you scoring within your target range? One low score doesn't mean that your actual score will be low. Maybe you were stressed, anxious, whatever, when you took PT77.
    You know yourself best. If you're not scoring within your target range, and you don't mind starting in 2017, then maybe postponing would be best for you. If you absolutely must start in 2016, then maybe sitting the Feb test isn't such a bad idea.
  • eostrelsyeostrelsy Legacy Member
    71 karma
    @MrSamIam I didn't know for sure if I am scoring within my target range. I have exhausted all fresh tests (post 30s). PT77 was the only new one I have and I fully simulated the test condition because I wanted to use it to gauge my progress and readiness for the real thing. I did think that I have made some progress so far but my experience with PT77 suggested that it may not be sufficient to score higher.
    I am definitely starting the next fall. Now what I am concerned about is whether a similar score or even a cancellation will hurt my chances getting into those schools that I have a shot?
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    edited February 2016 8021 karma
    No it won't hurt you. You have a score already. Whether that score ends up as your highest score or lowest score means only that you have no place to go but up. Stop worrying, go meditate or something and then do your best on Saturday. Good luck!
  • stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma
    Well there is still a chance you could wait till June and still use it for this cycle as long as you apply with your current score now.

    Worse case scenerio by waiting is you get denied by schools this fall, but (hopefully) have a better score to apply with next cycle. Do you think you can still improve your score with 4 more month to study? If not, you could end up with the same score that you have now... So the point of waiting would be defeated...

    Best case is by waiting you absolutely crush the test and the schools you've already been admitted to or wait listed to give you scholarships from your new epic score.

    If you test now, you're locked in.

    I think only you can ultimately decide. It depends on a lot of different factors.
Sign In or Register to comment.