Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Test Center Review] New York Law School (not NYU)

jdawg113jdawg113 Alum Inactive ⭐
Proctors: Didn't seem to know all that much except for the main proctor who was in-charge of the tests within the whole building (3 rooms I think) other than that there wasn't a problem with them. They were nice and didn't distract us.

Facilities: Much better than expected (cant judge a school's facility based off its rank) place was super clean, very roomy and had some cool tech (has nothing to do with test but each seat had a mic on the desk to ensure the whole class can hear)

What kind of room: Stadium seating lecture hall. Very large but the back had a bunch of seats with no desks

How many in the room: 75-100

Desks: Large desks broken up into three sections per row (like a movie theater) with people spaced every other chair. All the room you need to get set up and be comfortable. No issues at all

Left-handed accommodation: desks were large along with spaced seating should have caused no extra accommodations to be needed (I'm righty so...)

Noise levels: fine, normal coughing/sneezing

Parking: NYC so you have to deal with parking buildings. I took public transit.
Note: there is NOWHERE to safely leave a bag, so if you are going here, DO NOT bring anything you are not supposed to have. There were multiple people frantically looking for a place to leave their bags (eventually left them all with a doorman, I assume they didn't have a problem getting them back but no idea)

Time elapsed from arrival to test: fairly quick, 20-30 minutes from listed start time (maybe less)

Irregularities or mishaps: again, most of the proctors clearly weren't trained so we had a couple of minutes in between sections (IIRC the proctors walked around to make sure you weren't still writing/in a different section) Threw me off at first but had plenty of time to re-coop, I enjoyed the extra time to clear my head and prep for the following section.

Other comments: Nice place, would be top choice of mine if retaking and lived closer (getting there was not a problem from LI, LIRR to Penn and a quick subway ride brought me maybe 5 blocks from school) I just registered for the test pretty late. I would definitely recommend it to those nearby or even on LI (if Hofstra is unavailable-NOTE: Touro is open to replace Hofstra for June, so it may be better than travelling to NYC but not sure how the facilities/testing conditions are there)

Would you take the test here again? Yep, as said above, if Hofstra is not available I would make the trek

feel free to post or message any questions