Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Test Center Review] Temple University, Tokyo Japan

shizuokatwin379shizuokatwin379 Alum Member
edited February 2016 in Test Center Reviews 95 karma
Proctors: 3 Japanese proctors. I believe they all spoke English quite well. They were friendly and professional.

Facilities: A large classroom on the third floor of their downtown Tokyo campus building. Well lit and quiet. Toilets literally a few feet down the hall from testing classroom. A nice break room/lounge/cafeteria sort of space for the break time. It had several long tables, a few vending machines and a couple couches.

What kind of room: A large classroom.

How many in the room: 20-30

Desks: Standard three person wide desk/tables, with 2 students at each desk separated on either end of the tables. More than ample space.

Left-handed accommodation: Large desks so would definitely not be a problem. Not sure if you would get a specific side of the desk or anything if you asked though.

Noise levels: Very quiet. The building seemed closed except for test takers and perhaps a few students who knew about the back entrance and had business on the weekends. Only saw one other person during the test day there.

Parking: None. Being Tokyo most people came by train or were dropped off by someone or a taxi in front of the school.

Time elapsed from arrival to test: Seemed quite speedy compared to my U.S. test experience. Think we actually started moving around 8:35-8:40 and then the test soon after the pre-test materials were finished.

Irregularities or mishaps: None whatsoever.

Other comments: Like most things in Japan; it was professional, well-run and went off without a hitch.

Would you take the test here again? Yes and I am next weekend. I can update this if anything changes.

Date[s] of Exam[s]: Dec. 2015 / Feb. 28th, 2016 (future)