Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

June 2016 Photo Requirements

westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
in General 3788 karma
Hello all,

Just had a couple questions regarding the new photo requirements for the June 2016 examination and beyond. Do you guys know if we can simply upload a camera phone picture as the ID for our online profile? Does the photo need to be in color when we print our admission ticket? Finally, have you guys had experience obtaining a digital copy of a passport style photo from drugstores?

Thanks

Comments

• stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma
    @westcoastbestcoast said:
    Do you guys know if we can simply upload a camera phone picture as the ID for our online profile?
    From the LSAC:
    - The photo that you upload through your LSAC.org account must meet the following requirements, or you will be denied entry to the test center.
    - The photo must have been taken within the last six months.
    - The photo must be clear, so that there can be no doubt about your identity.
    - Only your face and shoulders should be included in the photo (like a passport photo).

Example of an ACCEPTABLE photograph:
    - Head is fully displayed in the photo—not cropped. (Head coverings worn for religious purposes are allowed as long as it does not cover the face).

- Full face is clearly visible with no shadows or obstructions.Forward facing—looking directly at camera.

- Only face and shoulders appear in the photo.
    - Background is clear and doesn’t obscure identity.

Receiving a message that your upload was successful means that it is the correct file type and size.
    Does the photo need to be in color when we print our admission ticket?
    It just says that the ticket needs to be printed, noting about dolor so you should be fine, it does need to have your "test day appearance" so no beard in photo, no beard on test day.
    Finally, have you guys had experience obtaining a digital copy of a passport style photo from drugstores?
    I haven't but for this I would just use my phone to take a picture. There are a number of apps that do "passport photos" but really all you need is for someone to take a picture of you against a wall and then crop it.

The LSAC has great examples on the page about the photos: http://www.lsac.org/jd/lsat/day-of-test/photo-requirements
  • westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma
    Thanks Steph! This helped alot
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27822 karma
    I just went to the drug store for mine. Just go to the photo desk and say you need a passport photo. $5 done, no worries.
  • stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    edited March 2016 3197 karma
    @"Can’t Get Right" said:
    I just went to the drug store for mine. Just go to the photo desk and say you need a passport photo. $5 done, no worries.
    Oh cool, they give you a digital copy @"Can’t Get Right"? The new tickets beginning in June 2016 require the photo to be uploaded to LSAC and preapproved and then you print the ticket with your photo already on it.

"In order to be admitted to the LSAT, every candidate must submit two forms of identification:
    A government issued ID,
    A printout of your admission ticket that includes the photo that you uploaded through your LSAC.org account."
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27822 karma
    @stepharizona I didn't know about the new requirement, but yeah, they can provide a digital copy as well as the print out.
  • twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma
    @stepharizona Thank you for clarifying the requirements!

I noticed the change and it stopped me from signing up for June. The new requirement is so off the radar given everything else to study. I have got to go get that pic made asap so I can sign-up soon for the best test site in my area...