PT9.S1.Q19 - editorial: it is clear that if this country's universities

mc_meattmc_meatt Alum Member
edited April 2016 in General 123 karma
Can you guys explain PT 9 section 1 question 19?

it reads Editorial: It is clear that if this country's universities were living up to ~~~

I don't get why there is a conclusion indicator (it is clear) in the stimulus.For MBT, we only need premises to derive the must be true conclusion. Is it there just to confuse you?

Thanks

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27822 karma
    I couldn’t find this question, but be careful relying on indicator words too much. Not even “in conclusion” is 100% guaranteed to introduce the conclusion. So maybe something like: A panel was formed to examine the causes behind the ongoing safety concerns at ABC Construction and to present their findings to the board of directors along with potential solutions. In conclusion, the panel reports that the only way to decrease worker injury is to enforce the company's ban on tickle fights. The panel is qualified to determine the solution to the problem. The only way to decrease worker injury is to enforce the company's ban on tickle fights.

So that’s a little awkward maybe, but it’ll do. The “in conclusion” here introduces a premise. The actual conclusion doesn’t have any indicators. You can move all of those words and phrases around any which way you like, or leave them out entirely. It’s much more important to learn how to recognize the underlying relationships between the statements. If you don’t do that, the LSAT is going to punish you for it.
  • twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma
    @"mc_meatt" said:
    PT 9 section 1 question 19
    PT9,1,19 is within an RC passage about the Latin Bible and I checked the 2 LR sections in that PT- Q#19 does not fit your description. If there is any way to verify the PT, S, Q #'s - we are happy to take a look:)