Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Improving scores!!!

Nancy123Nancy123 Free Trial Member
edited May 2014 in General 20 karma
I usually score around 149-150 on actual timed PTs however, after Blind review my score goes up by 10-11 points- end up around 160-161.
This has been going on for a while now, I would like to see some improvement on the actual timed PTs. Do any of you have any suggestions/tips on how I can turn my BR score into my actual score. Any input would be valuable and appreciated. Thank you!!!

Comments

• SiddharthSiddharth Alum Member
    35 karma
    I am in the same boat my friend.
  • beemomo8beemomo8 Alum Member
    82 karma
    Just keep on doing BR and eventually you will develop your own methods for recognizing patterns and flaws. You will find yourself finding the right answer choices quicker. But remember to note common flaws you often make and remember them as you take PT.
  • Nancy123Nancy123 Free Trial Member
    20 karma
    Thank you, I will try this method out!
  • SiddharthSiddharth Alum Member
    35 karma
    Thanks a lot
  • GraceloverGracelover Alum Member
    440 karma
    Are we supposed to do blind review for each section, not just the logical reasoning section?
  • vandyzachvandyzach Free Trial Member
    358 karma
    @dukeag:

Remember that for the games section, we sort of do blind review: we watch the explanation from JY, see what we did wrong, and then print out ten copies of that game and do it perfectly ten times. Then pull it out a few weeks later and see if you can still own it. You may want to play around with the game "blind review style" in that you just kind of mess with it- try splitting the gameboard, fool around with any potential rule combinations, etc. But the key in games is that repetition to not make the mistake you did again. I love JY's idea on that.

On RC, I definitely blind review in that I type out the reason I picked the incorrect answer (or any question I got right but was unsure of the answer to!) so that I know EXACTLY where I messed up. This takes a ton of time but a high LSAT score can literally make you over $100,000 so it is worth it. Sorry for the tangent there.

I'll be honest, it is easier to see your mistakes through blind review on LR than it is on RC because on RC your mistakes could very well come from a mistake in understanding the whole passage and its argument/nuances rather than a mistake in logic which is usually easier to express, like your mistakes will most likely be in LR.

Hope that helps!
  • GraceloverGracelover Alum Member
    440 karma
    Thanks!!