Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Logic Game Spa sessions

ashkoleyashkoley Free Trial Member
in Logic Games 5 karma
I have this book, "Ace the LSAT Logic Games" and I can't seem to find any online explanations for the games in here because they don't mention which PT they're from and googling key words is not bringing up anything in search results. One I'm having a particular hard time with understanding is a game that has to do with spa sessions involving mud, kiwi, lime, and nutrient treatments. If anyone can explain why K has to be first in this game, I would really appreciate it. It seems to be the source of why I'm not getting certain questions right. Just can't wrap my head around it.
Also, if anyone knows how to figure out which PT's are in this book so that I can search for additional help online, that would be great.
Thank you

Comments

• MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    There's a chance that the LG you are referring to is not a real LSAT game. Many companies make up their own games, questions, and passages, and use those, rather than having to gain permission from LSAC to use real logic games, LR questions, or RC passages and questions.
  • runiggyrunruniggyrun Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    edited April 2016 2481 karma
    Hi @ashkoley
    The game you are talking about is definitely not a real LSAT game (not from one of the US released Practice Tests, including PTs 1-77, PTA, PTB, PTC, PTC2, June 07).
    The book only has 12 real LSAT games, from PT's 46-48, the rest of them are "original" games designed by the authors.
    Because licensing real LSAC content is expensive, the majority of LSAT prep companies (and especially smaller ones like "Get Prepped" seems to be) make up their own questions.

• ashkoleyashkoley Free Trial Member
    5 karma
    Agh. Thanks you guys, that explains a lot. This is a "get prepped" company. I bought it because it was recommended by 180'er on a reddit forum as one of the more helpful textbooks... Would you say there is any kind of disadvantage to practising with fake tests or would they be just as helpful? Wondering if I should focus on Actuals.
    Thanks again.
  • twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma
    @ashkoley
    Please, only study from real Lsat questions!!
    @runiggyrun said:
    Because licensing real LSAC content is expensive, the majority of LSAT prep companies (and especially smaller ones like "Get Prepped" seems to be) make up their own questions.
    The LSAC uses the extra non-scored section of each administration to create future tests so that each question is thoroughly vetted (as much as possible) to create future graded sections.

As far as I am aware, there are no short-cuts to study for the LSAT - caveat emptor! If you are looking for a "silver bullet" to master the LSAT, using "fake questions" is definitely not the route to go...
    Please share your study plans with the forum, it is an incredibly supportive group whether you use 7Sage or not to help you achieve your goals:)
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27860 karma
    Agreed with @twssmith . There's well over 300 real games. You've got plenty of material without using fake games.