Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

When should I get to the test center?

cmelman95cmelman95 Alum Member
in June 2016 LSAT 730 karma
I obviously don't want to risk being late to my test center, but I don't want to be so early that I'm left pacing around with nothing but my thoughts and a gallon-sized Ziploc bag as that could lead to jitters. Past test-takers, how early do you think I should get to the test center?

Comments

• Accounts PlayableAccounts Playable Live Sage
    3107 karma
    It depends on how far away you are. The closest test center to me is 3 hours away, so I got a hotel for the weekend. I plan on getting to the test center at least an hour before the test so I can get a parking spot. If you are only 10 or 15 minutes away from your testing center, and if you know the area, you can probably get their 20-30 minutes early and be fine.
  • KrugD-2416KrugD-2416 Free Trial Member
    33 karma
    How long is the usual wait from the check-in time to the start of the exam?
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma
    It can be awhile @"KrugD-2416" . For guys that check in first, maybe up to an hour. Once you check in, no leaving the test room until the test begins for any reason. So I like to get there early but not actually check in until closer to time.
  • stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" said:
    So I like to get there early but not actually check in until closer to time.
    I agree, my testing center started SO late that the people who checked in right at 8:30 had to sit and do nothing until almost 9:30 when we finally started (even though the last person had checked in at 9:00). I waited to check in till the end and it was one of the best decisions. Your "seat" has already been assigned so you are not getting a "better" spot by checking in sooner than later.
  • BruiserWoodsBruiserWoods Member Inactive ⭐
    1706 karma
    OHHHHHHHHHHHH @stepharizona they already had assigned seats for y'all?
  • KrugD-2416KrugD-2416 Free Trial Member
    33 karma
    The only reason I would've checked in earlier was because of seating, but now I will be checking in till the end. Thanks guys @stepharizona @Cant Get Right