Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ok so I took my diagnostic...

in General 342 karma
I am in a range that I was hoping for but I am clearly going to have a long road ahead of me but I am not discouraged I was really worried I would score a 120. I haven't taken a test like this in 10 years or ever really. Here are some things I noticed by time the last section came into play, I was starting to glass over... now that could be because it is late... but I am thinking it is simply because that test is HARD and my mind started wandering... I am hoping this was common for everyone on their diagnostic. Will training & studying help? I mean did it help you guys to take PT after PT... I am pretty sure I missed 5-6 questions at the end because I started to check out plus it was reading comp and wowza that was a lot of reading.

Second according to my results I really struggled with parallel reasoning & method of argument... and of course logic games. I am hoping this gets easier with drilling. Any tips or is drilling where I need to focus.

I got in the 140s, the school I am hoping to get into I need about a 157 or greater (for the part time program) while I would love to score a 170 because uhhh that would be awesome I am trying to get in the 160-169 range, which I think is feasible. I hope.

Well thanks everyone for your help today! I am sure I will ask a million and one questions between now and test day so thx again.

Comments

• Nicole HopkinsNicole Hopkins Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4344 karma
    @TheCubicleEscapee said:
    I got in the 140s, the school I am hoping to get into I need about a 157 or greater (for the part time program) while I would love to score a 170 because uhhh that would be awesome I am trying to get in the 160-169 range, which I think is feasible. I hope.

TOTALLY feasible! Paging @"Quick Silver" :D
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27859 karma
    @TheCubicleEscapee said:
    Will training & studying help? I mean did it help you guys to take PT after PT.
    Studying will help. But you won’t be taking PT after PT. Two a week at the most, but even that not until you’re through the curriculum and feel like you have a solid grasp of the logic. Once you’ve got it down it’s a lot less draining.
    @TheCubicleEscapee said:
    Second according to my results I really struggled with parallel reasoning & method of argument... and of course logic games. I am hoping this gets easier with drilling. Any tips or is drilling where I need to focus.
    Nothing to worry about yet. If you cover the lessons and still struggle, then worry about specifics.

And yeah, totally feasible to break into the 160s. Every point has to be fought for, but you’re going to be Bruce Lee by the time we’re through with you.
  • AlejandroAlejandro Member Inactive ⭐
    edited May 2016 2424 karma
    You can do it! My diagnostic was a 143 by the way ;)
  • Nicole HopkinsNicole Hopkins Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4344 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" said:
    Every point has to be fought for, but you’re going to be Bruce Lee by the time we’re through with you.
    :D
  • notwilliamwallacenotwilliamwallace Alum Member
    1049 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" said:
    you’re going to be Bruce Lee by the time we’re through with you.
    #realtalk. My analogy is the first Karate Kid movie. When I first took the LSAT, I felt like Daniel LaRusso (that'd be me) getting his butt kicked by that snobby kid and his gang (I think his name was Johnny). Hopefully, on the test day, it will be me destroying LSAT like Daniel destroying Johnny with his infamous "crane kick".

Wait...does that make JY Mr. Miyagi?
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" said:
    but you’re going to be Bruce Lee by the time we’re through with you.
    I seriously love you guys.
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    @"Nicole Hopkins" said:
    @"Cant Get Right" said:
    Every point has to be fought for, but you’re going to be Bruce Lee by the time we’re through with you.
    :D

Can we please declare this the 7Sage motto?

Don't worry too much about parallel reasoning. I think most people tend to struggle with PR and PF (parallel flaw). They tend to be tedious as they often feel like 5 questions in one. Once you've done enough of them, you'll learn how to quickly eliminate incorrect answer choices and not waste time with them.

I always tell people that a low diagnostic doesn't mean much. All it tells you is that you haven't mastered the LSAT...and who would expect you to at such an early stage in your studies?

Finish up the curriculum, take another practice test, BR it, go through it and see where your weaknesses lay, and drill the heck out of those sections, question, etc.
    11542 karma
    @notwilliamwallace said:
    #realtalk. My analogy is the first Karate Kid movie. When I first took the LSAT, I felt like Daniel LaRusso (that'd be me) getting his butt kicked by that snobby kid and his gang (I think his name was Johnny). Hopefully, on the test day, it will be me destroying LSAT like Daniel destroying Johnny with his infamous "crane kick".

Wait...does that make JY Mr. Miyagi?
    This comment is too real.
    11542 karma
    @TheCubicleEscapee said:
    I am sure I will ask a million and one questions between now and test day so thx again.
    Same and I'm not even apologetic haha the 7sage community/team is way too helpful to pass up :) all the best and congrats on your diagnostic PT!
  • 342 karma
    Thx guys! you guys seriously rock, I needed this laugh. I hope I am Bruce Lee or at least his son by time I take the test!