Beethoven's 5th Symphony

lewis.waringlewis.waring Alum Member
edited May 2014 in General 68 karma
...is my theme song for this test. To me, it represents the struggle to achieve a difficult goal.
The main theme permeates the whole piece (ya know, dun dun dun DUUUUN..... dun dun dun DUUUUUUN).
The piece seems to travel between two emotional climates. On one hand, a dark cloud of confusion and pessimism, and on the other hand, clarity and optimism.
That mirrors my experience in preparing for this test so well, that I have been listening to it over and over again. It reminds me that even in my moments of despair or confusion, there will eventually be an ensuing revelation, or a 'light at the end of the tunnel.'
As the piece goes on, the lows get lower and the highs get higher, until the piece ends in a magnificent triumph over obstacle. It really helps me put my moments of self-doubt in context.

I am using this piece to trigger the habit that my brain craves, to get me in the right mind set for the test by repetitively associating my LSAT journey with the 5th. I am going to listen to it as the last thing I do before the test as a warm-up.
Does anyone else have some sort of music that they go to for inspiration or courage?

Here's a link to Dudamel conducting the first movement of the 5th:

Comments