Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Withdrawals on transcript

jowens7317jowens7317 Alum Member
in General 244 karma
I have a few withdrawals on my transcript. They are all non punitive and do not effect my overall GPA in any way. One was due to receiving a bad grade on an exam and having no way to recover because of the way the class was structured and the others were only because I changed majors and wouldn't need those classes anymore. Regardless of the reasons does this negatively effect my application?

Comments

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma
    Hey, you can check LSAC's specific policy for your school with the following link: http://www.lsac.org/transcriptkeys/igugs-search.aspx
  • Nanchito-1-1Nanchito-1-1 Yearly Member
    edited June 2016 1762 karma
    You should probably mention that on your addendum when you apply. I dont think it should be a problem.
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27821 karma
    If they don’t affect your GPA you’re fine. There are tons of good reasons for withdrawing from a class, and I’d be shocked if they took the time to consider it one way or the other. It’s all about that GPA.
  • stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma
    Hi @jowens7317 I would not write an addendum for a nonpunitive Withdraw.

As said here:
    @"Cant Get Right" said:
    There are tons of good reasons for withdrawing from a class
    If it doesnt hurt your GPA do not draw attention to anything to that might raise questions. It will not impact your application.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    edited June 2016 8021 karma
    ^TITCR*

*"This Is the Credited Response"
  • 7sagelsatstudent1807sagelsatstudent180 Alum Member
    932 karma
    W's are meaningless to law schools unless you withdrew from school completely. That would be the only time it could cause further attention. Don't bring unneeded attention to a small issue. Focus on improving controllable strengths of your app (LSAT, ps, ds)
  • Nanchito-1-1Nanchito-1-1 Yearly Member
    1762 karma
    @nanchito said:
    You learn something new everydaaaayyyy
    literally......
  • stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma
    @Pacifico said:
    ^TITCR
    I had to google that haha.
    @nanchito said:
    @nanchito said: