Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How long to study?

PennyroyalQueenPennyroyalQueen Free Trial Member
in General 50 karma
So, I have been reading a lot of posts on here and it seems like those who score in the 170s (my dream score), studied for about a year to a year and a half.
What I want to know is that is this time spent from start to finish, non-stop? Or on and off?
I've been at it for about 11 months on and off, and approximately 3 months consistently (at least an hour everyday with days of break every now and then).

Any help and/or info is much appreciated. Thanks all!

Comments

• twssmithtwssmith Alum
    edited June 2016 5120 karma
    From someone that has been a part of 7Sage for over a year, it is not the actual "length of time" spent studying but the quality and ruthless dedication to keep mastering the concepts and strategies that created the opportunity for many people to score in your "dream score" band.

Many of us have found after experiencing different prep materials, 7Sage has given us a great opportunity to master the curriculum and strategies to hopefully reach our goals. There is so much variability within an individuals strengths and weaknesses further complicated with so many different lifestyles of our members - undergrads, post-grads, full-time workers, parents, etc, - each person has a unique situation to determine how to best utilize their time to devote to prep.

This is a great community - it might be more useful/helpful if you could share your situation for people to respond to share their experiences and how they are prepping to reach similar score goals.
    What was your diagnostic?
    What prep materials have you used?
    Where are you currently PT'ing and are you taking the PT's under simulated test environment?
    What are your analytics from each section - have you been able to isolate areas for improvement?
    Are you using the 7Sage BR process?
    Have you implemented a skipping strategy while taking your PT's?

All the best:)
  • Nicole HopkinsNicole Hopkins Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4344 karma
    For me, 1.5 years was from the first time I cracked a book to my last take.
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27860 karma
    I think it will be different for everyone. Other than planned breaks to recover from burnout, I've been nonstop for a little over a year. Will be almost exactly a year and a half by the time I take my last take in Sept. And I still feel like I will only just then be maxing out my potential abilities.