Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PrepTests

jowens7317jowens7317 Alum Member
in General 244 karma
Yesterday I finallyyy got my Preptests 52-77 in the mail. I put them away and told myself I wouldn't take one until next week because that's what the study schedule I'm on says to do but I've been studying for almost 2 months and haven't taken another PT since my diagnostic and I'm really itching to take one just to see if there's been any signicificant improvement.... Would this be a waste of a perfectly good PT?

Comments

• BruiserWoodsBruiserWoods Member Inactive ⭐
    1706 karma
    How much more of the curriculum do you have left? My immediate advice is to just finish the curriculum before taking a test.

However, if you absolutely MUST take one, it is IMPERATIVE that you practice perfect Blind Review strategy before scoring the test. And you should really start toward the earlier ones and save the newer ones for once you have honed your skills. If you don't know what that is yet (Blind Review), please review that portion of the curriculum before proceeding.

Also, I would advise that you make extra, clean copies of your tests before marking in them, especially if you only have 1 copy of each. You're going to need them, and once you write on a test, it's basically worthless for proper BRing.

Do you also have any of the 20s-30s PTs? I'd advise starting with those for drilling before and alongside full-length PTs.

• stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma
    @BruiserWoods said:
    Also, I would advise that you make extra, clean copies of your tests before marking in them, especially if you only have 1 copy of each.
    Yes, really important. Make copies or scans. If you dont have access to a scanner, you can use an app, scanner pro is one of my favorites, but there are a lot of them out there. You just take a picture(s) and it creates a PDF packet for you.
  • Nicole HopkinsNicole Hopkins Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4344 karma
    @jowens7317 said:
    I'm really itching to take one just to see if there's been any signicificant improvement.... Would this be a waste of a perfectly good PT?

Delayed gratification is best cultivated in times like these. Do not miss the opportunity!