Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Waitlist- Send a Second LOCI?

UEconomistUEconomist Alum Member
Hi,

So I am riding out a waitlist and received a second email from the school asking for continued interest. I sent one LOCI but am wondering what should the content be of the second? Anyone been through this and might have some suggestions? Any thoughts much appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma
    I am sure @david.busis can give the best insight here, did you talk about any program or group of why you really want to be at that school? Perhaps that could be a part of second letter.

Also, could you be more proactive? Like a campus visit or a phone call? I am not sure what is appropriate when the school reaches out in this case. But it seems like a go big moment.
  • David BusisDavid Busis Member Moderator
    edited June 2016 7285 karma
    @UEconomist Great question. First, consider why the school is asking for a LOCI: they want to make sure you haven't committed to another school. Your LOCI could therefore be very short. You could reiterate your interest, state the most important reason you want to go there, and thank them for their time. Or you could do a bit more research, refer to the contents of your first letter, and add one more reason that you're interested. Tell them (if it's not a lie) that you're committed to attending if you're admitted.

That said, if you haven't written a solid "why you" essay, you could do that now. As @stepharizona mentioned, you could also demonstrate your interest by visiting or talking to another alumnus, though I'd advise you to send the second LOCI soon.