Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Currently freaking out

AstralCzarinaAstralCzarina Alum Member
edited June 2016 in General 38 karma
I took my cold diagnostic a couple of weeks ago and got a 152 w/ -18 in lg, -7 and -6 in lr, and -7 in rc. I've been self studying for about 2 weeks and it is so frustrating!!! Balancing work and studying is so difficult. I'm just worried I won't be able to improve to a 169 by September.

Comments

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    Although diagnostics don't really mean much a 152 is pretty impressive. Also it seems as though you're struggling in the area where it's the "easiest" to improve in: logic games then logical reasoning. Not to mention you got 20 correct in reading comp; that's also really good especially because this tends to be the area that people struggle in and allows them to not reach their test potential. In the end you really shouldn't be frustrated. You're only 2 weeks into studying so to expect stellar results after just 2 weeks isn't logical. Successfully studying and preparing for the LSAT is a long tiring journey but anyone can do it so long as they are passionate about it.
    11542 karma
    I think you're frustrated because you already set in your mind that you need to improve by a certain number of months and this isn't the correct way of thinking (take it from me lol.) master the LSAT, then sign up for the actual exam. Not the other way around. You'll feel more at ease this way.
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27823 karma
    So, those numbers are actually really good. You can totally close that gap in LG. From there, you’re looking at a vertical rock face, lol. Those last 6-7 questions in LR are the most challenging questions on the test, and it is really difficult to achieve a level of mastery sufficient to confidently and consistently answer them correctly under time.

With your diagnostic, you can totally do it though. The only problem I see is September. With your target score, you’ve waited too late to start studying. I did the same thing last fall. Everyone seems to underestimate this test on the front end, so don’t feel bad about that; you’re in good company.

What will happen is, you will find yourself in a position of having to choose between your target score or September. When you do, I hope you choose your target score. And the sooner you make that decision the better. Because what’s going to happen in the mean time is you’re going to take a load of PTs before you’re ready, then either back out or fall short on the September test. Then you’ll be right back where you started only having annihilated much of your available resources without having gained much benefit from them. So please don’t do that.
  • ppatel_340ppatel_340 Free Trial Member
    15 karma
    ^all of these comments are gold. If i were you id frankly MAYBE think about december, that is if I get a 169 about 5 times close to dec. if not, postpone to june. you dont wanna think of next june but thats how i was last oct and dec and postponed to this june and still aint ready bc i dont wanna waste a take. so, its a long process. dont be scared!
  • AstralCzarinaAstralCzarina Alum Member
    38 karma
    Oh my gosh. I should have posted this yesterday because I registered for the September LSAT yesterday. Fml. I'm currently using a 4 month schedule that used the Powers core books and the LSAT trainer but I'm quickly falling behind in it. Perhaps I should just take it in December.
    38 karma
    Also thank you guys! Its really reassuring to get guidance from people who seem to know what they're talking about.
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27823 karma
    No problem @AstralCzarina . And plenty of time to withdraw from September, so don't sweat it!

Also, I used Powerscore before signing up with 7Sage, and I can tell you the Games bible is terrible. I made more progress on games in 10 minutes on 7Sage than in 6 months with Powerscore. I never used The Trainer, but it's got to be better than the Powerscore; so don't bother with that one.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    Erasing that deficit in LG would get you in the mid 160s without improving anything else. Ditch the powerscore and just plow through the LSAT Trainer by the middle of July and you should be fine. I'd say you should plan for September knowing that you can fall back on December.
    11542 karma
    @AstralCzarina are you using the Lawschooli schedule?

PS, I feel like @"Cant Get Right" legit revised my post lol. Well said!
  • BruiserWoodsBruiserWoods Member Inactive ⭐
    1706 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" said:
    What will happen is, you will find yourself in a position of having to choose between your target score or September. When you do, I hope you choose your target score. And the sooner you make that decision the better. Because what’s going to happen in the mean time is you’re going to take a load of PTs before you’re ready, then either back out or fall short on the September test. Then you’ll be right back where you started only having annihilated much of your available resources without having gained much benefit from them. So please don’t do that.
    Honestly, this whole entire paragraph <3
  • Nicole HopkinsNicole Hopkins Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4344 karma
    @AstralCzarina said:
    I'm just worried I won't be able to improve to a 169 by September.
    Maybe not by Sept but my diagnostic was 152 and I ended up with a 170. Headed to NU with $90k this fall as a super splitter.
    edited June 2016 38 karma
    @montahar I am using the Lawschooli schedule but it is so dense. I'm already a week behind. @Pacifico I'm halfway through LSAT trainer though. I think I'm just going to start over and slow down. I'm just worried that I won't be able to dedicate much time to studying over the semester because I work and do a lot of volunteering with organizations and take 6 classes. I'm thinking about getting the Ultimate + thing.
  • palexandrapalexandra Alum Member
    148 karma
    @AstralCzarina I'm basically on the same page as you, 152 diagnostic with very similar numbers. I am trying to get at least a 167 by September, while also working and taking classes and it is certainly overwhelming. I have the Ultimate + package and I love it. I bought all of the Powerscore books before learning about 7sage and they just weren't doing it for me. With the 7sage Ultimate + package though I feel like I am actually learning and understanding the material. I don't have any PT numbers to quantify my progress as I am not in that stage yet, but based on the drills provided I can really see myself improving.
  • bbutlerbbutler Inactive ⭐
    401 karma
    @AstralCzarina I think the important thing here is that you have a plan with this. Absolutely I would recommend the Ultimate+ if you could afford it, with all of the available resources in it that have been added it's easily worth 10x what they're charging. As for September/December debate I highly agree that you should consider taking in December. @"Cant Get Right" is exactly right you're more than capable of getting that score it's just which test are you going to get it. Remember when it seems like the goal can't be reached, don't change the goal change the action plan!
    11542 karma
    Don't feel discouraged if you cannot afford the Ultimate pack from 7sage. This is my situation but I'm finding the starter pack to be quite amazing. :)