Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

159 on June LSAT, suggestions for improvement?

missboss0396missboss0396 Member
in General 10 karma
I was aiming for 164 this go around and ended up with a 159 which was about my average on my diagnostics. I'm aiming for a scholarship to Florida State University Law. Is a 164 a high enough goal? Any suggestions for how to study in order to improve my score? RC is always my worst section.

Comments

• stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma
    Doing a proper review before checking the answer choices is one of the best ways to improve. I too did not do this the way you are suppose to on a consistent level, and since implementing it, have really improved.

Its important to be able to recognize and skip problem questions with confidence, this gives you a lot of time to come back to them.

• Ron SwansonRon Swanson Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    1650 karma
    Looking at FSU's site, their 75th percentile LSAT is a 161 and GPA is a 3.68. Typically, applicants who are above both 75th are most likely to get the big money offers.

What's your GPA? (Don't have to post here, just consider) If you're sitting at a 4.0, your 159 might net you a solid scholarship. But if you're GPA is sub 3.68, it's definitely worth bringing up your LSAT because that's a bigger trump card in the end.

Of course this all depends on what your financial need is, scholarship amounts can vary considerably from applicant to applicant. Hope this helps!