Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blind Review Question

chrijani7chrijani7 Alum Member
edited May 2014 in General 827 karma
This might be a dumb question, but if you are blind reviewing do you time yourself when you are redoing questions? Also, are you erasing/making a copy of questions so that your previous work is not there? Finally, do you blind review entire tests sometimes? or are you are only to BR the questions you marked, got wrong,etc?

Thank you in advance for the assistance :D

Comments

• ONuellaOONuellaO Alum Member
    210 karma
    BR is usually done without the time pressure, so that you can check to see if it was a timing problem or just that you don’t understand the question at all.
    In which case you want to sit on that question until you understand it and if now, skip it and come back to it but make sure you understand it at some point. With BR, you want to make sure that you’re 100% sure that the answer you picked is correct, well according to you, so you want to be spending as much time as possible on that question, especially if its one that you have a hard time understanding in the first place.

Yes, you are erasing the entire thing so your previous work is not there. I usually scribble down my original answer next to the question if i didn’t fill it out in my bubble sheet already. You don’t want to be influenced by what you answered before. You want to look at the question from a fresh perspective, especially one with no time constraint.

When you’re testing yourself, circle the questions you’re not sure 100% about. (You’re not 100% sure why you picked the answer you picked or you’re not 100% sure on why you eliminated the Answer choices you did). That way you don’t need to BR the entire test. At the beginning of your BR process, you will probably be circling a significant amount of them but it gets less and less as you study and time yourself.

Have you seen the actual BR video?
    Here, J.Y. the master, probably says it better.

http://7sage.com/lesson/the-blind-review-is-a-habit/
  • chrijani7chrijani7 Alum Member
    827 karma
    Thank you for the reply! Yes I have seen the videos but I just wanted to double check to make sure I was doing it right, as well as see what others were doing. I will definitely be BR'ing tomorrow, today I BR'd the entire PT 65 and it took me so long. So I think ill be sticking to just the marked questions as it likely much more efficient.