Demoralized/psychological block?

kokobazookakokobazooka Member
edited June 2016 in General 127 karma
Hi all,

I Just started my PT regiment after finally completing the 7Sage course but after taking just the first couple of PT's I'm feeling like crap! I knew and expected that I wouldn't be scoring anywhere near my potential, but I just felt after seeing my score and seeing the number of questions I got wrong after spending 4-5 months of studying that I would have gotten a bigger increase. On top of that, I get a lot of answers wrong twice and trapped during my BR!! I usually manage to figure it out during the course but now with these questions I get so demoralized not being able to get it after a BR AND reviewing the video. It really sucks and I'm worried that these scores will take a blow to my confidence/ attitude during my studies leading to diminishing scores...

Can anyone relate to this? What do you do to get your confidence/morale back up? How do you handle questions that are double wrong on a BR?

Comments

• Matthew524Matthew524 Member
    651 karma
    @kokobazooka trust me when I say we all have been there. Honestly what I recommend is taking a few days off. I know that may go against every instinct in your body but their is no point in stressing yourself and trying to understand something with a clogged brain. Take a day or two off to clear your brain. Forget about the LSAT for that time. I was in the same boat as you and probably worse. I was so caught up in studying I forgot about my life which ultimately made me do worse. Try a day or two off and see how that goes. Also it helps to have a study buddy so you may have someone to discuss questions and answers with. It's always helpful!
  • annannannannannann Alum Member
    edited June 2016 304 karma
    Hey @kokobazooka! I totally understand how you feel. After completing 70% of the curriculum I decided to take a PT to see where I stood. After 2 months of studying, I thought that my score would have increased significantly. Oh boy, was I wrong. Needless to say, I was EXTREMELY disappointed in myself. But this also served as a wake up call. I realized that I was clearly not putting in as much effort as I should have. Now, I'm rewatching videos and BR-ing to the max for the questions I'm having a hard time understanding! Hopefully, we both start to see progress!

Also, reading all the success stories on 7Sage and TLS really helped me get past the slump! We got this :)
  • tanes256tanes256 Alum Member
    edited June 2016 2573 karma
    @kokobazooka no worries! This is normal. We've all been there. You've spent months just pretty much watching videos and a few problem sets along the way. Now the fun begins. You must actually apply everything you've studied. You shouldn't expect that you'll retain everything on your first PT. BR will allow you to solidify and reevaluate your thoughts and strategies regarding each section and question type. The key to all of this is doing a thorough BR. That's where the gains come from. If you're not doing thorough BR you're wasting your time and throwing away PT. You should be picking up tidbits from each BR. You should understand why you missed a question and why you got an answer correct. Once you take a few more PT you'll start to build your analytics to see which question types you need to focus more on. You can probably already see which question types are giving you issues. This is when you return to the curriculum and see what you missed. If you have any questions just post. This community is great with assisting others. We ultimately all have the same goal! And as the previous poster stated, take a break if you need it. I'm just coming off a 2.5 week break. I didn't mean for it to be that long, but if that's what it takes then that's just what it takes. You got this!
  • kokobazookakokobazooka Member
    127 karma
    Wow this is great stuff and a relief.. Thanks everyone. I will definitely to start taking the BR more seriously... And yeah I totally feel guilty when I take a break.. Thanks all! Hoorahh!